Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP TO PLAN A CLASS WITH WHOSE AND GENITIVE CASE    

HELP TO PLAN A CLASS WITH WHOSE AND GENITIVE CASE

miss_alejandra
Argentina

HELP TO PLAN A CLASS WITH WHOSE AND GENITIVE CASE

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME TO PLAN A CLASS TO TEACH GENITIVE CASE AND CLOTHES? I NEED A CREATIVE IDEA TO TEACH 20 CHILDREN. I MUST INTRODUCE THE TOPIC AND I HAVENT GOT A CREATIVE WAY TO DO IT. EXAMPLES MUST BE CRYSTAL CLEAR

8 Aug 2012      

ju10
Brazil

Hi, Miss Alejandra!

When I work with Genitive/possessive case I like to pick up some students � objects and put them into a bag or on my desk. I usually work  school objects because they have already studied.
Then I show one of the objects and ask them: Whose pen is this?
Students answer: It �s Maria �s pen.
Whose �s ruler is this? It �s Pedro �s ruler.
First practice singular.

Then I take two pencils and ask again: Whose pencils are these?
Students answer: They �re Bill �s pencils.
I usually work the singular in one class and plural in another day.

I continue until I finish the objects. It is simple but very practical. They like and have fun.

8 Aug 2012     

summertime7
Australia

Hi Alejandra!

You might like to compare the clothes of people who do different kind of jobs. Take hats for example, a policeman, a chef, a builder, a pilot all wear different kind of "hats". Show them some pictures and ask them whose they are. Good luck !!!

8 Aug 2012     

v.costelha
Brazil

Hi, Miss Alejandra!

I also use Ju10 �s idea, but at the end of the lesson, to make sure they understand both Whose and The Genitive, I ask students to give me one of their objects (and you may substitute for pieces of cloth) and put all of them in a bag. Then, each student picks one of the objects up and ask "Whose ... is this/are these?". The other student �s have to say "It �s/They �re ... �s ..." I also do it as a competition. My students from Brazil get crazy. The children always ask me to play the game again! :)

Hope it �s helpful.

8 Aug 2012