Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > One-to-one    

One-to-one

teachonthebeach
Brazil

One-to-one

I give mostly one-to-one tutoring to students in their own homes, or am doing at the moment anyway (no, it doesn �t earn very well, but I �m pregnant!).  So, I was just wondering, as there �s no search option specifically for this, does anyone know how I can route out some good ideas to use with just one student? 
I �d be particularly interested in anything advanced level, and anything fast paced and lively to stimulate students, as I often find it a challenge not to let lessons grind to a halt or go off on a tangent.  At advanced level we spend most of the lesson time having normal conversation, which is great, but I constantly look for stuff to spice it up.

12 Aug 2012      

lewisronaldc
United States

I also have adult, advanced one on one tutoring and they all like the breakingnewsenglish.com current topics.  It gives us reading, vocabulary, listening, writing, and speaking

opportunities.  I pick and choose according to the student.  Best of all, it �s a free website.

12 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about this  http://film-english.com/category/intermediate-b1-advanced-b2-2/? You can sort those videos by category(level).
Sophia

13 Aug 2012     

sadeel
Palestine

i gave a lot of one- to - one tutoring . and all of the ss like the board games and the dominos  . u can find or make a board game or dominos for every subject u want.

13 Aug 2012