Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > YES    

YES

pilarmham
Spain

YES

It was dear Oscar, who else (I didn �t know he had been robbed of his attributes!, just hope they are in good hands...)

Another one?

Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.

(Remember, no Wikipedia, no Google...)

29 Aug 2012      

MoodyMoody
United States

I don �t recognize this quote as I did the last, but it sure sounds a lot like Thomas Jefferson. I have a t-shirt I bought at the Library of Congress with the quote from him: "I cannot live without books." I agree 100%!

29 Aug 2012     

douglas
United States

and here I thought it was Jim Morrison (buried about 150 M from Oscar)

30 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It looks like we �re taking this one seriously!!! Is it Charles Dickens?

And here �s another, �Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life. �
Now, wouldn �t that be lovely? Who said it?

30 Aug 2012     

douglas
United States

cunliffe-Steve Jobs?
Pilar--Ben Franklin?

30 Aug 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

I take it we �re still hanging around P�re-Lachaise, Pilar, because it sounds awfully like Balzac.

30 Aug 2012     

imanito
Morocco

Pilar: is it Oprah?
cunliffe: is it Charlie Sheen?

Wink

30 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

No - nobody �s got mine yet, but the more of his sayings I read, the more I think it �s no wonder he is so famous! So, two more:
I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand. 
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we do fall. 

Any ideas yet?   

30 Aug 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

He was French, all right, but doesn �t rest in P�re-Lachaise now. He �s not far from Marcel Duchamp.

Another clue: He wanted to be like god: everywhere in his work, but never be seen. 

cunliffe: Groucho Marx?

30 Aug 2012     

juliag
Japan

Well, dear Pilar, your clue sounds very like Alfred Hitchcock, but I know he �s not French, so feeling rather stumped here...

Dear Cunliffe, could it possibly be Lao Tzu?

30 Aug 2012     

Anna P
Brazil

"I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand." is Confucius.  I had a poster in my teacher �s office back when I was a Montessori school teacher. 

30 Aug 2012     

1    2    Next >