Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello, teachers    

Hello, teachers

carinita
Argentina

Hello, teachers

Have you ever used technical english manuals in your lessons? My students need to identify their main parts and try to interpret the information they contain I think it is going to be better, for the sake of organization and clarity, to hand in the SAME manual to all the students Perhaps, one every four students They could analyze a page individually, then share what they found with the group Finally, all the groups in the class may discuss about the content of the manual.
Am I going in the right direction? Thanks in advance Have a nice weekend!

1 Sep 2012      

Noetuc
Argentina

tell me what type of manual is it? and the students�level?

1 Sep 2012     

carinita
Argentina

It �s an Owner �s Manual for a Compact Stereo System http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCAP01-MUL.PDF
The class is heterogeneous Some students are beginners some are at elementary level.

1 Sep 2012     

Noetuc
Argentina

Ok, the idea is good, let them work with a dictionary,if necessary, but don�t let them see the Spanish version yet. If they are studiying in a Technical School this activity will train them for the future. keep going colleague !

2 Sep 2012     

carinita
Argentina

Yeh yeh On the Net, the manual is accompanied by the Spanish version. Students won �t get the Spanish version Thanks, Noe (It �s a Technical School)

2 Sep 2012