Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > HELP WITH PRESENT PERFECT CLASS!!    

HELP WITH PRESENT PERFECT CLASS!!

chito006hacker
Peru

HELP WITH PRESENT PERFECT CLASS!!

Hi everybody , i have some doubts in how to teach present perfect , i want to know if you have a good technique or a good lesson plan in how to start my class and introduce this lesson , i would appreciate if you give me some ideas. i   I �d really appreciate it. thanks.

6 Sep 2012      

Elenie
Greece

Hi! Y
ou could make some changes in the classroom, something obvious, that they will notice as soon as they �ll come into the class. They will ask you about it but you can only answer with yes and no or you can tell them how you did it but not when...So after all questions are asked you can write on the board, "I �ve changed the ...." (NOT REFERRING TO THE EXACT TIME) and another sentence stating something like "I (past simple) the class last Friday".
Ask them to tell you what is the difference between the two sentennces and focus on the answers that indicate the fact that there is no time reference in the first one....then you know what to do...

7 Sep 2012     

lurdesilva
Portugal

Hi!

You could talk about holiday or travelling destinations using a ppt with pictures of famous cities/sites around the world or within your country and ask the question "Have you ever visited / been to ...?". Ss could start by answering �yes, I have/ No, I haven �t � and then you could introduce the adverbs already and never. It always works with my students.

7 Sep 2012     

puddyd
Oman

Send me your email on a pm and anyone for that matter and I �ll send you a copy of a lesson plan and how I introduce it using photos.
Regds
Andrea

7 Sep 2012     

snezhok
Latvia

I would simply tell an interesting story, draw a time line and ask questions about the text. 

7 Sep 2012