Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > How to teach in a classroom with many Ss, two hours in a week.    

How to teach in a classroom with many Ss, two hours in a week.

maryano30
Peru

How to teach in a classroom with many Ss, two hours in a week.

I teach in a public high school. I have in each class 35 students and only two hours to teach them in a week during 10 months. I have 12 classrooms to teach. I need your help. I �d like you give some ideas to improve my work in class.
Thanks for your advices.

9 Sep 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello Marha,
Have a look at this:
secondly, what �s the purpose of your course?
improving speaking/conversational English?
cultures?
general English?
do you have a coursebook you have to follow?

btw there �s loads of materials for teens here on the site, you can always use those to your advantage:)

Sophia

9 Sep 2012     

teresapr
Portugal

Thanks dear Sofia for being always so helpful. Your suggestions are great, as usual. You rock:)) Hugs
Teresa

9 Sep 2012     

maryano30
Peru

Thanks a lot. I prepare my own material. I don �t like to depend much of the book. The government gives free books to the students which ones  must be changed each two or three years, but in this opportunity it hasn �t  given new books.
I like to use material according to our reality and social context although I also give Ss worksheets about customs, culture of different countries  according to their level. During this week Ss have to expound about Urban tribes. (fifth grade- high school)
I �m very grateful  with you. Thanks for the information.Handshake
Mar�a

9 Sep 2012