Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What about Orlando?    

What about Orlando?

D@N! P
Brazil

What about Orlando?

Hello Dear teachers,

I need once again your help, but this time it�s not concerned teaching, but traveling.  I�m going to spend a 15 days vocation in Orlando.  I�m going to stay at Disney All Star hotels, I don�t which one yet.

The thing it�s the first time I go there and I�m worried about the weather. At first, I wasn�t, but some people say it is really cold there in January, some say it�s very hot. I�m from Rio de Janeiro, here it�s sunny most of the time and I�m not really used to very low temperatures. I just want you to tell how is the weather like, so I can prepare myself properly.

And of course, I�d love any nice traveling hints you have to me. It�s the first time I travel abroad and there are a hundred of different things I wasn�t aware of. I�m getting crazy, my friends.  

Is there any local and any one with some experience to share e help me a little bit? What can you tell me about Orlando, guys? What are the nice places to go? Where is the best food to eat?

Thanks in advance

Kisses

10 Sep 2012      

Liligirl
Brazil

I �ve been to Florida twice and spent some time in Orlando in January and the weather is quite the same as Rio in winter , some days were sunny and we went to Miami Beaches , at night was cold but not anything to care about. I had only taken one coat with me cause it�s better to buy there , it�s much cheaper as well as electronics . If U want further information or tips PM me.

10 Sep 2012     

zoemorosini
United States

Florida generally doesn �t go below 50 degrees Farenheit (10 degrees C) at all during the winter months (Dec., Jan., Feb.) with 2 to 3 inches (up to 7.6 cm) of precipitation--usually rain-- per month.  I would recommend bringing long pants, sneakers or comfortable shoes for walking, some light sweaters, and a waterproof windbreaker in case of rain.

I �ve included a useful link for travelers to the Orlando, FL area below:

Zoe Morosini

10 Sep 2012     

barbarachiote
Brazil

Hi, I�m from Rio de Janeiro too. I�ve been to Florida in 2008, I spent four months there. I�d like to tell you that we are not familiar with the weather from Florida, specially by December and January. Our clothes for cold weather are not appropriate either.  So my suggestion for you is: Don�t carry a lot of luggage with you because you�ll probably feel the necessity of buying a jacket or a coat there that�ll be more suitable for the kind of weather you�ll be exposed to.

Have a good trip,

B�rbaraApprove

10 Sep 2012     

douglas
United States

My experience in the South is that even though the temperatures may not drop that low, it seems colder because of the high humidity/moisture in the air ("wet cold").  Wet cold tends to creep into your bones faster and make it seem much colder.  But the next day it could suddenly be beach weather.

11 Sep 2012