Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > I need some ideas    

I need some ideas

Maja O.
Poland

I need some ideas

Hi wonderful teachers,

I �d like to ask you for help. On Monday I �m going to start classes with young kids - they are 6-7 years old. Classes are big - there are about 26 students and the lesson lasts 45 minutes. I need some interesting ideas, songs, games etc. to use during the lesson because I haven �t worked with such young kids before. That �s why I �m asking you for some clues from you, more experienced teachers than I am :)

Have a nice weekend,
Maja

14 Sep 2012      

Lucia13
Armenia

Hi there,
Have a look at my blog Enjoy Teaching English, all of my posts are related to large number of primary classes

14 Sep 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Go with songs that they can move to or with lyrics easy to sing.

Here are some examples of songs that usually work with that age group:
If You �re Happy and You know It
Old McDonald
Sally the Camel
Ten in a Bed
Wheels on the Bus
One Finger One Thumb...

The attention span at that age is short so don �t spend 45 minutes on the same activity. I usually present my songs or stories, show posters with illustrations of keywords, teach the song /read the story for the first 15-20 minutes. I also review songs they already know.

When I �m done, I give my students a sheet with the miniatures of my posters. I ask them to copy the words (or trace the letters if they can �t write). When they �re done, they can colour the pictures.

14 Sep 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

lots of songs here

& games

more free material

browse through to find suitable warmers and fillers

Sophia

15 Sep 2012     

Maja O.
Poland

Thank you very much for all your ideas.

15 Sep 2012     

nickbean
Spain

We would welcome a mural from poland our children would find it fascinating,  if you would consider participating we would be extremely happy.
Take a look
http://europeanyouthmurals.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/hello-world/
We will issue a certificate of participation and there are some small money prizes to be won .
You can find answer to all question within the blog above.
At the bottom of each page you will find a heading in red click on each and find the  information within.
If you have any questions please feel free to message me at

[email protected]

Teacher Nick

15 Sep 2012