Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > about points and stolen printables    

about points and stolen printables

cheezels
New Zealand

Sorry to see that Domnitza!!! On a positive note they obviously thought it was so great that it would get them a lot of points?:-) It will be wiped off I think before tomorrow as it was reported so early ....

SSRL10: With PDF files there is a program especially for converting PDF files to word. There are even programs that unlock locked PDF files too. So it�s not a "safe" option anymore.

13 Jan 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Stealing has become a fashion on ESLprintables. The sad part is that we have to accept thieves among us. We here are teachers, not thieves. Those who disrespect us by stealing our work also disrespect themselves and the TEACHING itself.

I suggest that these kind of people deleted their accounts and come back when they are ready to be TEACHERS!

I have one suggestion (maybe Victor can help): the points made by a member on a stolen Ws should be transferred somehow back to its creator. Do you think it is possible? This way, the thief looses points and CREDIT!!! and the creator gets his/her points as a  recognition of a job well done.

Another �mean� thing that could be done (maybe?!) - let the thief wear a �stigmata� of some sort until he/she cancels the account by his/her own will !?

I know I�m being mean right now, but I�ve experienced the feeling Domnitza is going through and I can assure it is not pleasant. Frustration, disappointment, fury... some of the feelings that invade your mind and soul when you see your contribution there under another name!  Not to mention if you see something like 60 points or more for the stolen Ws, as it happened to Kamilam not long ago!

13 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

There are other stolen worksheets uploaded for tomorrow...

13 Jan 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Sorry Domnitza...
This is so sad... Disapprove
But the only solution is to report them...

13 Jan 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

But PDF files can be transformed quite easily into images, I mean the whole document, not separate images. I do it quite often, and if you do that nobody can copy it.

13 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2