Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Here we go again !!!    

Here we go again !!!

jecika
Serbia

Here we go again !!!

Dear friends and teachers,

one of the most downloaded worksheets today was created by our dear colleague Elinha. Almost 230 downloads and only 34 people so far found the time to write a simple �thank you� in the comments section.

I know that this topic has already been discussed many times on the forum ... but it really makes me sad to see such a young, talented and obviously devoted teacher who is more than willing to share her worksheets getting so little encouragement from all of us.

Dear Elinha ... I am sorry ... but I simply had to post this message on the forum ... if you want me to delete it, I will do it

Congratulations to you for your wonderful work http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=160563#thetop

13 Jan 2009      

JUANBEGI
Spain

It is true that we tend to leave no comments on the worksheets of our colleagues but bear in mind that many send a private message instead of a commentary in the comments section. I strongly believe that she has received more than 34 congratulations.

13 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Both private messages and comments are very encouraging. I have also noticed that most comments are left when the worksheet is among the recent contributions but I rarely see comments left on worksheets which are not.

13 Jan 2009     

bamarcia
Brazil

Jecika�s message has done the trick: at the moment it has had 

Downloads: 248                    

Comments (46) - Send a comment

It has somehow encouraged  the people who have downloaded it to send a "thank you"!!!
 We have a better average now, but still too low!!!

And isn�t it a GREAT feeling to read these comments after all hard work?

Let�s say

13 Jan 2009     

mumekaren
Argentina

I AGREE WITH YOU! IN FACT, DUE TO ALL THE COMMENT I �VE RECEIVED,  I HAVE JUST  UPLOADED A SECOND PART OF THE WS I UPLOADED YESTERDAY.IS IT TOO DIFFICULT TO WRITE THESE SIMPLE WORDS?: THANK YOU! I FEEL REALLY HAPPY WHEN PEOPLE LEAVE  A COMMENT BECAUSE I LIKE SHARING .  

13 Jan 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

I agree with you. I hadn�t had a look  at her worksheets before because when I look for a worksheet I look for the newest first. As the most downloaded appear first sometimes we can miss pretty good ones. So once I got my 30 points I decided to download new worksheets first if I find them useful to help them get their points. I think that from now on I will post my comments on the forum for other people to download valuable worksheets that sometimes nobody downloads simply because they don�t know that person yet.

That is the reason why I hadn�t noticed her really good worksheets till today.
Congratulations to her on her good job and to all the teachers who share their good work here.
Silvia

13 Jan 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I have just left a comment - as I always do - but that is because, thanks to Jecika�s note, only now I saw Elinha�s ws.  I do think it is sad that most of us do not leave a thank you note but what I find worse is that many contributions still have 0 downloads - at the end of the day.   I know that there isn�t much we can do about it, but it is sad and discouraging for the ones who put time and effort creating an original work to see that nobody was interested.

13 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Tongue  Those people who have seen my comments know that 99% of the time I try to leave something that is as constructive as possible for both the uploader and any potential downloaders. Sometimes I can do this straight away, sometimes it�ll take me a few days or even a week. I have been known just to leave �thank you� if there is only maybe a couple of comments for a new member, not the old hands (because they get huge amounts of thanks in forums, comments, private messages & emails). I�ve left a couiple of comments on contributions with many �thank you�s� but no one else seems to have picked up on simple errors (e.g. wrong country on a page heading, incorrect year amounts, inconsistent examples & questions) which should really have been commented on by others (with older worksheets) &/or corrected by the original uploader. Tongue

My apologies to anyone who thinks this is wrong.... but I believe even one constructive comment outweighs large numbers of �thank yous�.

Thank you everyone for your contributions & exchange of ideas!

B-)

14 Jan 2009