Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > We can only submit .Doc s?    

We can only submit .Doc s?

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

We can only submit .Doc s?

I�m of the opinion that it would be a good Idea that  ESLPRINTABLES accepted PDF as well... 

What do you think?

13 Jan 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Smile Good evening aleli! By uploading Doc�s we allow other people to correct the mistakes, in case there are any, or  to make changes in order to adapt the worksheet to their students� needs. I don�t know if that�s the reason or not, but it sounds good to me! lolol...

Hugs,
mena

13 Jan 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

Hello aleli and mena. I also think downloading PDFs would be a good idea! It would be much easier than trying to compress images... sometimes it drives me crazy! Besides, there are lots of worksheets in which the whole document is an image, so basically it�s the same thing, don�t you agree?
Wink

13 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

No I don�t ... I am rather with MENA... In my case I systematically try to make some changes, additions ... starting with taking off the illustrations as I basically teach adults, shortening the exercises when they are too long and adding  questions (essay assignments in the case  comprehension activities for example...) I just don�t see myself dowloading a PDF printable and giving to my students as such... I am not sure it will work
Good night everyone
Brahim

14 Jan 2009     

Twinkerbell
Portugal

TongueHello to you all!I totally agree with Mena. It�s very useful being able to adapt the printables we download to our students� needs. I have been doing it a lot, especially because sometimes there are ways of organizing the syllabus that are different from country to country. The docs have been very useful to me!
Have a nice rest!Smile

14 Jan 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I really appreciate that the files are doc files.  I sometimes change the worksheet to meet the needs of my class.  I would have to agree with Brahim and Mena on this one.

14 Jan 2009     

lopezg
United States

I also agree with Mena. I teach 2 different levels of English and I love being able to use the same document and make additions for my upper level.

14 Jan 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Hi Guys you are totally right in which Docs allow us to make some changes... and that�s a good thing.... But as silvia said many times you want to make changes to them and you can�t since they are just images... PDFs can easily be turned into Docs unlike images. PDFs is good for sharing bigger documents (Specially if they have many pictures). If You save a file into PDF other users can view the doc Just as you created it ... same fonts, same visual features. 

In addition I didn�t  say that I don�t want Docs but That PDF should be allowed as well... 

Do you agree?

14 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

. doc is a standard used almost universally. At work I don�t have access to software that will allow me to convert & edit pdf�s. Of course I could always print it out & manually cut & paste things.
On my own computer I have software for doing pretty much anything I care to do - image, movie, sound, you name the document type & I�ve probably got something that I can manipulate it with. PDF�s are great & easy to work with if you know how to use the programs that can edit them. At present, I believe that more people know how to edit .doc items than .pdf items.

Just a thought.
ab

14 Jan 2009     

micah
Japan

I always make my worksheets on excel and they are editable too. But since this site only allows .doc files, I have to print it, scann it, paste it on the word file in order to upload. Then it becomes an image which you cannot edit. I try to send the original files for people who asks to make some changes, but if I could upload the originals here, it would be much easier. I�m not complaining in anyway and I don�t mind keep doing this routine since Victor has already too much work to handle.

Good day to everyone. And let�s keep sharing!

Greetings from Japan.Wink

14 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi micah!
Have you tried just copying your data from Excel & pasting it straight into a Word document? It should work - all your data will be in a table in Word so if the layout isn�t correct it should be fairly easy to fix.

Cheers,
ab

14 Jan 2009