Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To Israeli and Palestinian Fellow teachers    

To Israeli and Palestinian Fellow teachers

alien boy
Japan

I am, by the way, also quite happy to have other members here critique harim�s worksheet! I know I�m not the only person who could provide constructive comment about grammar, style & layout.

Cheers,
ab

14 Jan 2009     

memthefirst
Turkey

eng789 do not defend Israel or its policy upon children.Whatever the reason is KILLING A CHILD IS .................I CAN�T TELL IT.We are teachers.We should be the ones who care about innocent children most.Do you understand?

14 Jan 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

You forgot how it started...

Sderot, the city in Israel that for eight years has been terrorized, by 10,000 rockets fired against us from Gaza.

.....and when I saw the UN resolution, I ask :
 Why is the United Nations ignoring our suffering?

When the terrorists committed these 10,000 violations of international human rights and humanitarian law, why was the UN silent? 

Who cared about innocent children
who suffered for 8 years in Sderot????

The world was silent!!! Everybody was silent!  WHY???

Because they are JEWISH children, people....!!!   That�s why!  I understand!!!

Are human rights for some, but not others?

The world wants Israel and ONLY Israel to stop their righteous attack on Gaza because �civilians are being killed.�

I honestly am saddened when a true civilian is killed, whether it is an Arab, a Jew or any other human being.

But why is Israel the ONLY country in the world that is deemed to be wrong when it is simply trying to protect its citizens from being killed in what has been, up to now, a one-way war on Israel.

And where is the world�s expression of sympathy for us because of all the deaths that have been caused by Hamas rockets DELIBERATELY AIMED AT CIVILIANS.

Hamas has caused so much pain and heartache to all the families of Israel and the world has done nothing to stop the terrorists!!

Hamas� goal is  simple kill every Jew  in Israel and in the world.

why  was and is  the UN silent?

Hamas is filled with cowards who use their own people to hide behind.
 To them life is not precious and their people are only pawns in their game of life.

Are human rights for some, but not others?

why  was and is the UN silent?

Hamas consistently judges the success of their attacks by the number of Israelis they kill -- men, women, children. Hamas does not even try to attack military targets; their rockets are directed toward towns, cities and farms rather than military bases.
 The group�s rockets land on playgrounds, apartment buildings, public parks, schools and private homes.

why is the world silent?

I�m not Jewish.It even doesn�t matter....
 I am always upset and disgusted by the lies of the media !!!
My heart goes out to Israel and the Jews, and all peace loving countries and people.

15 Jan 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

No, Please don�t tell us we forget how it started.
Saying this means "you" forget how it started.
It didn�t start 8 years ago. It started in 1945.
It started when some European in order to innocent themselves from the atrocities of the "Holocaust" and to buy themselves a new virginity decided by themselves and among themselves encouraged by their (the US) military force to create a new state and eliminate another without consulting all the concerned people of the region. The military force of the ones and the stupidity and credulity of the others obliged.

All what I know the Europeans exterminated the Jewish and the Arabs are still paying for it.
The Nazi Germany was in Europe supported by most of Europe�s countries (Vichy, Mussolini and the like).
If you forget, the Nazi still exist but not in Irak, Syria, Palestine or Egypt... They are in Europe and the US.

No, we didn�t forget.
We didn�t forget how the Jewish and the Arabs (Muslims and non Muslims) used to live together before all this started; before 1945.

It is easy to start a war. It extremely difficult to get rid of it. Because to do so, there must be one of the two side to make a step back. And as proved by History, the first to do so is always the winner (Not obligatory in military terms). Hope the Palestinians would be wise enough to be that first.

Finally, please don�t try to compare what can in noway be compared.

PS: I am not defending as I am not incriminating the "Hamas" resistants. I am Arab yet not Palestinian to feel what the Palestinians really feel all about it.
But I know that before 1962, the Algerian "Freedom Fighters" were treated the same. As terrorists and "Fellaga" till they got independence for us to live in a free country now. The traces of the atrocities of the 130 years French colonization and bondage still exist. I can see them on many of my family members. In the "Dashrat" (villages" where my grand parents lived.
However, not all the French people who used to live in Algeria were cruel. There were many who tried their best to be integrated and not integrate.

Respect.

Salem

15 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2