Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why nobody answered to my post?? This was very serious to me!    

Why nobody answered to my post?? This was very serious to me!

Mishuna
Argentina

Why nobody answered to my post?? This was very serious to me!

There is one of the members Andre Ponte that has 47 points made by stolen printables taken from www.coloring.ws
http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=116532#thetop
None of you said anything about it. I reported to Victor and nothing...this person is still there. Being a premium member, he has the right to take our work made with great effort just like that, when he has made no effort with those printables.
Is it fair for us? Is it fair for all of the great teachers that work constantly???
I�m very worried because nobody here have said anything.....
Maybe I�m wrong...if so, sorry for being so repetitive with this issue...

28 Sep 2008      

Mietz
Germany

Hi Mishuna,

I�m sure people understand you and can empathise with you about your worksheet. You are of course right. The printables this user put in are not of his own making.

I�m sure Victor will delete the account asap, but with the new system and the amount of stolen printables that might take some time. Victor is only a human being - though a great one Smile (I don�t know how automatically these things work.)

Please don�t be offended. People might just be tired of the whole business with all the discussions during the last days. You did well and reported the worksheets and posted comments under them. That�s all you can do. Everything else has been said again and again. Unfortunately there will probably always be people who just don�t care.
Still - there are many who do and many who put in a lot of work and effort. Let�s focus on those.

28 Sep 2008     

Mietz
Germany

To veram:

I don�t agree. The person Mishuna means uploaded her worksheet! He also uploaded worksheets from somewhere else without putting any creativity of his own into that. That�s not good enough and it�s not right according to the rules! I don�t think that has anything to do with being strict!

28 Sep 2008     

VeraM
Portugal

This is not personal, but I get upset when some of those who claim their worksheets were "stolen" are the very same ones who have lots of woksheets that are taken directly from other websites. I�m sure this is not the case, but we can�t be that strict, I think. After all, from the moment we publish our work, it becomes public domain, right? We�re suppose to share and let others adapt and adjust our worksheets to their needs. I think that�s the purpose of this website. But that�s just my opinion. By the way, I deleted my previous post because I don�t want to offend anyone here.

28 Sep 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Veram - I think it�s great to share and to adapt. The point is, that that person didn�t adapt at all. He just used somebody elses work to get points. We should be strict about that. These are the terms of the site. It�s one thing to reuse pictures or even ideas, but it is not right to simply upload anybody elses work without own input.

P.S. That own input should not just be a change of font and order - I think.

28 Sep 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Mishuna,
First, sorry I didn�t answer, I didn�t come across with your comments.
Second, sorry for using your post to give an answer, though, this is more about the same. STOLEN PRINTABLES.
The posts I need to answer are long go back, they are not in front page anymore, and I bet they are not seen by the majority of people.
Now, I need to answer two people. Let�s begin with GLAMOROUS.
Your angry comments on my worksheet DON�T COME FROM MY LAST NOTICE. I haven�t been unpolite, cause I never am. I just agreed with the previous comments - it was very similar.
Now, WHY are you so mad with me?
BECAUSE this is not the first time I come across with this kind of stuff, uploaded by you
http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=2014#thetop
and
http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=2013#thetop
Everyone can see the comments I left, I am tired, this is rather time consuming.
These two printables, as I said in my comments, are not yours, but at that time, long ago, you remained silent. You didn�t answer me, but now, you took a lift from

neuspuigs
Neus

when she began all that mess, and you referred one printable, that was doubtfull for some other members, not only for me.
I checked all your contributions and, for sure you have many wonderful printables.
The point is that, when I joined ESL, I knew I could download everything FOR MY STUDENTS, FOR MY CLASSES, and I knew I had TWO duties. First, contribute with my own work, Second, report stolen material. If the rules changed, I didn�t notice, sorry.
I didn�t want to hurt anyone, but using the same clipart, well, that is what we all do, the same clipart, the same ideas, the same --- and the same ... , well.. ???? I have many doubts.
The other day I downloaded a printable I needed, then I noticed that I couldn�t use it, because it had a few, minor mistakes, so, I had my work and I made my own worksheet, which, in the end, was quite, quite, similar to the one I had downloaded, but without those few "typing mistakes" OBVIOUSLY, I DIDN�T UPLOADED IT; though it has other clipart, other layout, other tasks, because I know, the original was not mine.

MISHUNA; I DIDN?T FORGET I AM USiNG AND ABUSING YOUR SPACE; FORGIVE ME
Now a very special, short and last answer for

neuspuigs
Neus

It�s unbelievable.
You stole, in advance you provide a sort of resource site, which proves to be wrong.
You post comments everywhere accusing me of stealing, because I already had what you were uploading.
In the end, you accept my idea of providing the right source, ( which I had from the beginning ), you receive posts from other members saying that you didn�t change anything in those posters, and you still go on accusing me and being rude with me, all the time.
Now, I think it is clear, you uploaded material which was not yours and, besides, you have been rude to some of the members in the forum and in your private comments. I was right, you stole.
This is my last post about this. However, I will not stop reporting stolen material, any time It comes across.

Mishuna, Thumbs Up I am sorry, I really didn�t read what happened, but if you reported to Victor, just wait, whenever I report he usually takes the note, may be he is having week end, which he surely deserves.
All, the best for you and, once more, forgive because I used your space.
Hugs

28 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Mishuna,
I didn�t reply because to be honest - I am sick of seeing complaints about stolen printables.  It makes me very sad to see so much time taken on the negative - this is going to be my last comment ever on stolen printables. 
You find a stolen printable, You report to Victor, and leave a note for others - if you want to, Victor investigates, he decides if the printable is stolen or not.  If it is stolen, Victor decides if he is going to cancel their account or remove points or whatever else he wants to do (being his website and all) Simple really.
I have all the empathy in the world for you - it is horrible to have worksheets stolen.  I refuse to give these thiefs attention anymore - just justice!

28 Sep 2008     

kaz76
United Kingdom

Olindalima

If the worksheet you made had different clipart, a different layout and other tasks then isn�t it a different worksheet even if it is similar?  At the end of the day there are so many similar worksheets because there are only so many ways to reinvent the wheel.  When I joined this site I found many worksheets that were very similar to ones I had made for students in the past - it�s not unusual for us to have similar ideas for teaching particular topics.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoy your week wherever you are:)

28 Sep 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

I�m not really sure that by reporting stolen worksheet to Victor the "thieves" will dissappear from the site. I remmeber quite well that a few days ago most  of you were talking about a member called "supreme" who had a considerable number os stolen or scanned ws in his account. Nevertheless, he is still a member and, althought the questioned ws has disappeared, he still has some other ws reported as stolen or scanned.

If you want to check, here you have the link:

I consider this member just an example but I have come across some others that I don�t remember ritght now.

28 Sep 2008     

puspita
Indonesia

Mishuna dear,
I�m sorry, I didn�t see your post.  I understand your feelings. Like you and everyone else I�m also angry with these kind of people and will always report them to Victor.

Mietz, I respect you for sticking to your principle.
Veram, I share your feelings.  Some people scream at others forgetting they themselves doing the same thing.
Olindalima, I can sense how tired you are about this issue. Being direct is not always acceptable by others. But I do admire you doing that.
Vickiii, I�m adopting your wisdom, thanks.
kaz 76, thanks for reminding me about �reinventing the wheel�.  I also hope that you have a great weekend.
damielle, let�s keep on notifying Victor and the rest of the community about these thieves. 

Once again Mishuna, I got your back!

Best regards,
pus

28 Sep 2008