Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help Needed. Games with Balls and Ballons     

Help Needed. Games with Balls and Ballons

lazarus
Albania

Help Needed. Games with Balls and Ballons

HELLO EVERYBODY. i�M ENJOYING VERY MUCH THIS SITE AND IT IS BEING VERY USEFUL IN PREPARING MY CLASSES.

i WOULD LIKE TO ASK FOR SOME HELP OR SUGGESTIONS:

I�M INTERESTED IN GAME WITH BALLS OR BALLOONS TO BE APPLIED IN CLASS TO LEARN VOCABULARY OR ADJECTIVES.

I�LL SHARE ON OF MY GAMES: YOU WRITE AN INTERROGATIVE PRONOUN IN 5 OR 6 BALLONS AND YOU MAKE TEAMS OF 3 STUDENTS. THE HAVE TO KEEPO THE BALLONS IN THE AIR BUT EACH TIME THEY HIT A BALLON THEY MUS SAY THE INTERROGATIVE PRONOUN WRITTEN ON THE BALLON. THEY CAN ONLY HIT ONE BALLOON AT A TIME. I START WITH THREE BALLON AND THEN ADD ONE AT A TIME.  THE TEAM THAT WINS IS WHO MANAGES TO KEEP THE BALLOONS LONGER IN THE AIR WITHOUT ANY OT THEM TOUCHING THE FLOOR.

I�M ALSO INTERESTED IN THE FOLLOWING GAME: A GRID OF NUMBERS. THE TEACHER GIVES DIRRECTIONS. EG. DRAW A SMALL CIRCLE IN NUMBER 23. DRAW A STRAIT LINE FROM 23 UNTIL IN BETWEEN 12 AND 13. DRAW CURVED LINE UNTIL 6..ETC. THE STUDENTS SHOULD END UP WITH A PICTURE. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A GAME LIKE THIS.?

THANK YOU EVERYBODY AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Tony    

16 Jan 2009      

zoretta
Italy

Hi Tony!
For what regards practice exercises on numbers, I usually play with my students in the following way:
you write a number on the blackboard...for example 45...then you ask a student to tell you a numeber starting with numer 5...for example 58...the next student says a number starting with 8...and so on...

My students like this game a lot and now I�m sure they now how to count in english!

Might seem a stupid game, though it helps!

Ciao

Claudia

16 Jan 2009     

lazarus
Albania

Thanks zoretta for your suggestion.

Sorry for the delay in answering. But I�ve only been around a couple of weeks and I�m still in the process of finding out how many things works.

Have a nice day.

Tony

19 Jan 2009