Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Comments (again)    

Comments (again)

Mietz
Germany

Comments (again)

I really don�t want to advertise my worksheet here, but I�ve got 2 comments today on a worksheet with over 30 downloads. I�m really pretty disappointed! Cry I don�t need more downloads as it�s not a mainstream printable, but I spent a lot of time making the worksheet and I really don�t think it�s too much to ask for a thanks. I always do, and I have times, when I�m extremely busy, too.

I know, it�s been discussed but this isn�t just about me. It seems that people need reminding. Learning through repetition...
Maybe I�m just grumpy too today. It�s grumpy Friday... However:

Please comment under the printables!
It�s a question of courtesy and it shows the appreciation more than just the point for the download. You do save time making the worksheet yourself or searching for hours elsewhere.

16 Jan 2009      

mumekaren
Argentina

Mietz , I agree with your point of view. If you have the chance to see my printables , i always ask for comments. I know it �s disappointing, but you never never have to give up. 
The comments are extremely necessary,so please leave comments .
Hugs from Buenos Aires  

16 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Mietz! I couldn�t agree with you more!  I  posted some comments about downloading without saying thanks some weeks ago and I haven�t changed my mind.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that this is not a question of time  - To say thanks, we just have to click the send button (No need to scroll all the way down...) and there you are! It doesn�t take more than 10 seconds, which means that it takes us 5 minutes to say thanks in case we download 30 printables, which is most unlikely.

I don�t want to be accused of speculating, but I�ll take the risk. For me, it is still a question of not seeing the person behind the worksheet, of  not being involved in the community, of not having a sense of belonging to a special group as we do. It�s all very mechanic and impersonal. It is almost as if some were saying, "I haven�t download your worksheet, I don�t have to contribute..."

Once again, when we take something, we say thank you.

Have a nice evening,
mena

16 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Oooops! I have downloaded...

16 Jan 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

I couldn�t agree more either.
You see, I teach in the morning, afternoon and evening, but I always leave comments even if it�s only a Thank you comment.
Many teachers download our printables and they don�t write a single word and it makes me feel so frustrated.
We ourselves do our best to prepare our material.......
Please, teachers leave a comment.
Have a great weekend.
Cassy

16 Jan 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

I couldn�t agree more!  we are talking not only about good manners but also about contribution, which is the main of this community. I like to know that my worksheet is useful for you. However, I have heard that some teachers have left rude comments, if the worksheet would need  some improvement, I would also like to know it, but please with education and courtesy.
have nice weekend!!!

16 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

Thank you all soooo much for your nice comments. I�m already feeling much better. Embarrassed Am just finishing off with a bit of a grumpy Friday. Wacko

Still - Good thought Mena:
5min for thanking for 30 free worksheets... Just think - if each worksheet takes let�s say 2 hours (never ever enough for me, but never mind) -> times 30 -> = 60 hours -> times 60 (minutes per hour) -> = 3600 min -> minus 5min for comments for 30 ws
-> people save: 3595 min.
Sounds a lot to me. Hope I didn�t get it wrong. Maths has never been my strong point...
Point being:

Please send comments for worksheets you download!

16 Jan 2009