Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Funny video ´spelling contest ´    

Funny video ´spelling contest ´

Missbrittany
France

Funny video ´spelling contest ´

Hello to you all!
One of my colleagues showed me a short video, a cartoon about a spelling contest, it ´s very amusing, one of the contestants has to spell ´business ´ , he hasn ´t got a clue and he spells for a long time, very seriously, an imaginary word composed of many ´Qs ´ and ´Ws ´ and ´Ks ´ ´. My students (beginners) loved it, I can send it to those who are interested, it lasts about 4 mns.
Do you know other short cartoons like that, on any subject? I didn ´t find anything as amusing and easy to understand on Youtube.

18 Sep 2012      

pilarmham
Spain

I ´d love to see it. Thank you!      Thumbs Up

18 Sep 2012     

mariajosefuster
Spain

You can find the one you like on youtube looking for "English spelling bee competition".  I will use it on Friday with my students

I also like one called "The sketch show UK - Learn ABC", about the same, the alphabet.
I don ´t copy the links here as I cannot paste them here, I don ´t know why.

18 Sep 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

So sorry to hear that, mariajosefuster. I tried the English spelling bee competition and found a cartoon about the American elections and Obama being the only contestant to spell correctly, is that the one?

I knew the ABC English  sketch, it´s great!

18 Sep 2012     

mariajosefuster
Spain

This is the spelling contest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMth-DDY7rk

18 Sep 2012     

Missbrittany
France

I looked up the You tube videos under "English spelling bee competition"and didn ´t find the one I mentioned, even when I add ´animated ´. There seems to be hundreds of videos on that subject, but not mine.
I can ´t use the one with the American elections, my students wouldn ´t identify the personalities, nor the words used.
Anyway, is there a place on Eslprintables with ideas or links to short videos?

19 Sep 2012     

wysiwyg
France

Can you post the link to yours, Missbrittany?

19 Sep 2012     

Missbrittany
France

Sorry I can ´t as I have the video on my computer but it doesn ´t seem to be on You Tube so I can only send the video to those who are interested.

19 Sep 2012