Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD    

WOD

MarionG
Netherlands

WOD

Wow Abdel, I still cannot beleive my definition actually had a core of truth! Hilarious! Thank you for choosing me to post a new word, it is truly an honor!
Here is my offer to the altar of your wordly wit:

strepitous

For all those new to the game, the idea is to make up a definition of your own, not give the real meaning of the word. You can make up any silly, witty, deep, smart or absurd definition you want, just not the real one! (which is why Les offered the term �daffynition �☺)
So join the game! It is great fun and a good opportunity to learn some new (although often not very useful) vocabulary Wink

21 Sep 2012      

abdel
Morocco

What a great word!
" the guy drank and smoked so much last night that he woke up speaking STREPITOUSLY!"
So STREPITOUS is from latin : strepitus a din, meaning giving out a strident noise.
The sore throat one might have due to fever or streptococcal infection turns voice STREPITOUS and musical! ( many women love guys with such voice - lol-). Doesn �t BRIAN ADAMS have a STREPITOUS voice?
HUGS.Smile

21 Sep 2012     

abdel
Morocco

ECONOBOX
THIS IS THE NEW WORD GUYS IF YOU FEEL LIKE CONTRIBUTING!

22 Sep 2012     

douglas
United States

Strep as in Strep throat--

Strepitous-(adjective)- describes a person that is always running around with a scarf wrapped around their throat complaining about how ill they are yet they continually cough in other peoples faces (without covering their mouths) and then look at peopel as if soemthing is wrong with them when they get offended by it.

24 Sep 2012