Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORKSHEETS vs AUDIOFILES    

WORKSHEETS vs AUDIOFILES

ascincoquinas
Portugal

WORKSHEETS vs AUDIOFILES

Dear Eslprintable members,

I have recently downloaded a couple of worksheets with listening activities. As you know most members send the audiofiles to anyone who sends a private message with her/his personal email.

However, that has not been the case with two of the ws I downloaded a few days ago. I know that most of us are busy people, but just would like to add that it would be easier to insert the link on the ws or explain when uploading his/her own material that the audiofile(s) will be sent to those who are interested in having access to them.... Otherwise the ws will be useless.

Thanks for understanding.

ascincoquinas

22 Sep 2012      

isa2
Austria

@ ascincoquinas:
I TOTALLY AGREE. Thanks for bringing this up. It would be extremely helpful if everybody followed this suggestion.

Isa

22 Sep 2012     

tancredo
Portugal

I couldn �t agree more. What�s the use of a wksheet for listening if it doesn �t iclude an audio file or a reference to where one can find it?

22 Sep 2012     

inmaaa86
Spain

I am glad you all agree. I have downloaded a lot of these files and I haven �t got the recordings so they are useless. I hope the administrators can solve this problem adding another section only for audifiles. I have to say that the work of the people who have down these activities is great so it wil be wonderful to be able to access to these recordings.

23 Sep 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

I have had the problem with an excellent reading worksheet. It had a song and questions for a reading but.....no sign of the reading at all.
It saddens me when I see great stuff but I can �t use it!

23 Sep 2012     

mourisca
Portugal

I couldn �t agree with you more Thumbs Up

23 Sep 2012     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I have also downloaded some worksheet that say listening activity and I have asked if the author could send the link or the audio files. No response at all. Then I realized that by listening exercise, the author meant that the teacher reads some texts and the students number them according to the heard sentences. Sorry, in my opinion, those are not listening tasks. Listening worksheets without the audio files included, should not be accepted any more. What do you think?

23 Sep 2012     

Gaby141
United Kingdom

This also happened to me and when I wrote requesting the audio file. This is the answer I received
"The worksheet does not have an audio file with it. I just read the dialogue out loud in class with my assistant. I encourage you to record your own dialogue!"
Yet, it was a listed as a listening activity.

23 Sep 2012     

Dayana
Peru

Totally agree. I was also waiting for a file once.
I guess that people who upload a listening activity should inlcude the dialogues or text at least.... as as Gaby says you could read it for ss or ask someone to help you role play it
Thank you =)

23 Sep 2012