Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest Continues!    

Caption Contest Continues!

MoodyMoody
United States

Caption Contest Continues!

The Caption Contest isn �t over just because it got pushed off! (See original contest here.) Here �s the picture again:

I �ll decide on the winner later this evening server time.

29 Sep 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

On the subject of clocks, anyone seen this old favourite?

29 Sep 2012     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

I WOULD GO WITHOUT watches then, i am not good at maths, or i would ask somebody to say the time. :)

29 Sep 2012     

ohermann
Czech Republic

At the Humboldt University of Berlin:
Mr Einstein, excuse my being late for your lecture. I�ve just returned from London and forgotten to alter the time on the watch you gave me as a present.

29 Sep 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

Believe it or not, this is actually a teaching aid for .... English teachers!
It visually demonstrates the importance of using previous knowledge and contextual reading when tackling a new, difficult text.
I use it all the time to show my students that you do not need to understand all the words in a text (represented by the equations) in order to understand what it is about.
One can use previous knowledge and context (the visual recognition of the clock, knowledge about the regular placement of the numbers in a clock and the meaning of the position of the short and long hand in a clock) to make up for missing information and still understand largely what you need to know.
Most of us trained readers use this skill all the time, and we have no real problem reading the time off this clock, even though at least some of us (ME INCLUDED) have no clue as to what the equations mean.
Smile

30 Sep 2012