Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Primary/nursery cooperation experience?    

Primary/nursery cooperation experience?

ivush
Czech Republic

Primary/nursery cooperation experience?

Hello friends, I am just wondering if any of you have any experience with a project among a primary school and a nursery. I would like to arrange some meetings and join the children together with some topic but I have no experience with that and do not know where to start :) Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks a lot.

16 Oct 2012      

nickbean
Spain

If you would like some results when finding projects you need look no further than here
http://www.etwinning.net/en/pub/index.htm# login with your info and enter the name below
 Nicholas Dean, Escola Elisabeth
If this project doesnt meet your needs and ideas there are many others.
Regards Teacher nick

17 Oct 2012     

douglas
United States

I don �t really have any experience with nurseries, but a lot with children (I have 3 bilingual children and over 30 nephews and nieces). 

My first thoughts on this is to do the same thing they are doing in their native language at the time.  For example: if dinosaurs are the theme, then you can teach words like "big", "small" green, "wings", etc. using the same pictures their naztive language teachers are using. 

My feeliings are that at this age they don �t yet "categorize" into "that �s a language I don �t speak" or "I do speak".  When basically everything is new, they simply accept it as so.  It is easy for them to look at it as normal "With Ms Ivush we say these words, with Ms Profesora we say these other words."

Sounds like a real fun idea, good luck with it.

Cheers,
Douglas

18 Oct 2012