Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Have you ever...    

Have you ever...

teresapr
Portugal

Have you ever...

felt alone in a crowded room?
I have.. And it �s sth I will keep in my diary...
Teresa

18 Oct 2012      

havpa
Portugal

Join the club....:)
I know the feeling....we get so disapointed with everything!
Always believe in yourself and in what you are doing...and keep walking!
All the best!

18 Oct 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Dear Teresa and Havpa,

Can I join the team as well? Is it just me or the world is getting "stranger" than ever!
We have letters, laptops, ipads, mobiles ....
But I still have a few people: friends and family members!

18 Oct 2012     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Of course....several times!But stick to your principles and smile!

18 Oct 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi my dear PORTUGUESE FRIENDS

Is it my wrong feeling, or , we, all of us , Portuguese teachers , start feeling really sick about all the mess around?

Is it?, well, my friends, if you feel like that, I have to say one thing : 

YOU ARE THE ONES

You are the ones who FEEL things are wrong. Stand up, do your tasks and do them the best you can and ..... claim for everything, claim, whenever and wherever, CLAIM everywhere. Please, take good care of our students, balance your attitudes, don �t think our kids are the ones to blame. Ahead, we have their families, and further ahead we have this Censored  society we live in ( not to speak about these governments we have had these last decade ). Our duty is to save the kids, the teens. We have duties, we are teachers, we don �t cross arms , we fight and we fight in different sides - we fight for our students and we fight for, we have to, we have to fight for us.

We can always pm each others and leave these posts out of the forum, 

though

I think

Many Spanish friends and others would like and accept an invitation to join.

May we overcome . May god bless us, Ying Yang

18 Oct 2012     

teresasimoes
Portugal

Yes. That�s it. We are strong enough to make life flourish! We just have to join all our dew drops together and water our creativity to get from it a brand new world. Our young ones deserve it.

I�m joining you: May God bless us!

Teresa

18 Oct 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi teresasimoes

Now I missed that thing called 

Like " button, as in the Fb.

I like your post, we can �t  cross arms, there is a large amount of work to do; it �s our work, we have to do it. 

But we can go on, the other way, we can go on and claim for our rights, claim for what is right.

Hugs, to you all, don �t dismiss, remember we can always keep in touch, as easy as pm, here, in eslprintables.

Bless you

Linda

18 Oct 2012     

tancredo
Portugal

So many times, Teresa!

18 Oct 2012     

teresapr
Portugal

I agree with all of you, of course. I  have never given up anything in my life without figting. I �ve always aimed at giving my best at school, trying to cope with my family life. My family is all I have in this world!But there comes a time when you start thinking you are not an idealistic teenager, nor someone who is ready to retire...You start to think about your life and you have to admit your job has taken a major place and then...the government, the new rules ...everything ..and you start to realise you are just a number...This school year I �ve got one of the worst schedule of my life. Just to have an idea:I start working at 8h30 am on Monday and finish  at 6h30pm on Friday. I �ve got 4 classes with 28 students and another one at night with a mix-ability students(some are teens others are adults). Of course I may say I�m a lucky person, I have a job and I think I �m not at risk of being unemployed ...But things have changed so  much...People are retiring as soon as they can and the ones who have to keep on realise they no longer feel they belong to that school...Too many loved faces are no longer there and unfortunately the new ones seem to make  it right they don �t belong there...
Ok ,I �m sorry, everything is such a mess with the government restrictions and the European economic situation that we no longer have the right to say who is to blame... But the fact is...I �ve always been a happy teacher and I�ll always be because I love my job.So should I feel alone in a crowded room?
Best wishes to all of you:))
Teresa

18 Oct 2012     

rhman
Egypt

Yes,try to faith deep inside yourself. At that time God will help you and will be with you all the time so you wont be alone anymore

18 Oct 2012     

alexcure
Poland

Dear Teresa,

I know what you feel, I am with you.... You know that now I am free and my life has changed, but before 2009, for 8 years, I used to have 6 classes with 35-36 students, also mixed levels within the same class, 35 hours a week plus many gratis lessons my boss asked me to do such as theatre, plus great responsibility every year more than 100 of my students chose English for their final college exams and I had to do my best for them so that they would pass the exam with the best possible notes.... the worst were lessons when I had the whole class together instead of at least two groups with 2 different levels, some classes had advanced and elementary students mixed together!) .... and finally I lost voice as I �earned � vocal cord nodules... you can imagine how I felt... 

Hopefully, time passed and everything changed for the better in my life.... 

I do hope your sad period will finish and you overcome the problems, I wish you all the best with the whole of my heart... always remembering very well our email co-operation between your students and mine that went so well and gave many good fruit...

A big hug and prayers,

Alexandra

19 Oct 2012