Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How would u call several ws done by the students with all the contents they have seen through out the year in a folder at the end of the year for their parents to have? Is it a Personal profile?    

How would u call several ws done by the students with all the contents they have seen through out the year in a folder at the end of the year for their parents to have? Is it a Personal profile?

Vanesa B. Alegre
Argentina

How would u call several ws done by the students with all the contents they have seen through out the year in a folder at the end of the year for their parents to have? Is it a Personal profile?

29 Sep 2008      

Missgeorgie
Argentina

It�s a Portfolio... and it�s very useful for students and parents because they can clearly see their progress!!!

29 Sep 2008     

EvaRamos
Panama

Vanessa,
   You called it portfolio or students portfolio.  You can ask your students to prepare a very creative cover for their portfolio, and write a reflection about what they learned during the whole year (either in Spanish or English or both).  You can even prepare an event where the paretns go to the school, and students with their portfolio, organized in different stations or tables, explained to their parents, and other people what were the most interesting activities.  You can also invite the principal.
  You can find on the internet different rubrics to assess students� portfolios, and also portfolio ideas.

Hope my comments were useful,
Eva

29 Sep 2008     

Vanesa B. Alegre
Argentina

THANK U pumita and Eva!!!  Thumbs Up Embarrassed

29 Sep 2008     

CotterHUE
Japan

Vanessa,

Here�s some more detailed information on portfolios, plus the positives and negatives of such a system.

I�ve personally never incorporated portfolios in my classroom, or at least not where I gather a collection of the students� works. However, I do provide a portfolio (?) which tracks the progress of each student. At the beginning of the course, the student and I sit down and discuss goals and needs, and then how he/she can work towards these specifics both inside and outside the classroom. Think of it as a student study plan. Progress is also tracked.

Anyway, I hope the above site helps.

Good luck in the classroom.

Chris Cotter

www.headsupenglish.com

29 Sep 2008     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Hello Vanessa!

http://www.etni.org.il/ellen1.htm    Look at this link. It�s very useful. !!!PoGoortfolios
Good Luck and regards from

29 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Vanessa,
Some portfolios have students goals for the year at the begining.  The students can then tick their progress as they achieve their goals. 

29 Sep 2008