Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Picnic vocab question    

Picnic vocab question

SaraMariam
United States

Picnic vocab question

Hello everybody :) I hope you are enjoying the nice weather outside (well at least here the sun is shining ;) ). 
I �m preparing a lesson about picnic (yes I know, summer is over :p - at least where I live) and I was wondering about a word for a flashcard.
What would you call that benches that are connected to the table as you sometimes see them outside? Connected Table? Or would it be easier to just say something like picnic site (since it �s for smaller kids)?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance :)

Hugs
Sara

28 Oct 2012      

silvia.patti
Italy

Lucky you! Here it �s rainy and cold... It �s time for a hot chocolate.
You can say picnic bench or picnic table.
Have a nice Sunday
Silvia

28 Oct 2012     

SaraMariam
United States

Ahh, right! I didn �t think of that one! Thanks a lot Silvia :). 
Now you got my mind stuck in hot choco!! Hmm, here �s one for you and I �ll go to the kitchen right away to make one for me :D ... Thanks again;)

28 Oct 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, picnic table or bench. Windy and rainy here, as well. But all I �ve got �s a plain cuppa tea! Unhappy

28 Oct 2012     

anamia
Croatia

Just say a bench, they will understand,
snowy and freezing in croatia, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

28 Oct 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

Still better than my poor husband today; he has a colonoscopy tomorrow. He �s on clear liquids and laxatives today. He could have the cuppa (no milk), but no hot chocolate.

28 Oct 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Moody, somehow I always assumed you were a man...Embarrassed
Sophia

28 Oct 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

My sympathy to your poor husband, Moody. Anyway, mine has said he feels like an eslprintables widower, so I �d better log off. 

28 Oct 2012     

SaraMariam
United States

I �m sorry to hear that, Moody. I �ve been through one of those a few years ago ... not something that I have to have again. I hope all will be alright with him.

Lol cunliffe, yes I heard something similar before .. "always worksheets and pictures ..."
The poor husbands :D

And thanks to everybody for your help :) I used picnic table now Hug

28 Oct 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

I picked a gender non-specific moniker and an inanimate avatar, so I �m not surprised everyone thinks I �m a man; none of you are the first. First laxative down, and now he �s drinking chicken broth. The heavy-duty laxative starts in half an hour. Yay for him...

28 Oct 2012