Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can I use the pictures of other worksheets...?    

Can I use the pictures of other worksheets...?

Noelica
Spain

Can I use the pictures of other worksheets...?

Hi!!!

Can I use the pictures of other worksheets in order to do other different worksheets?

Or do I have to ask for permission...? 

Thank you.

18 Jan 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Why would you need to?

if you search the forum for �clipart� or �pictures� you will find links to a large number of free download sites.

If you are going to use pictures from another worksheet please do not use the same layout or exercises. If you intend to do something very similar maybe you should think again...

18 Jan 2009     

Manderlay
Turkey

Hi Noelica,
As I have already said in my pm, you have used the pictures from my worksheets and I have scanned, cropped, resized and added frames to those pictures one by one. It was really a hard and time consuming work. I was planning to use those pictures in different types of worksheets, but you were quicker than me. If those pictures could be easily found on the net, I wouldn�t mind. Again, in my opinion, you had better ask permission before using pictures, layout etc. in someone else�s worksheets.

You can easily find millions of free cliparts and pictures on the web instead of choosing the ready-made ones.

18 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Noelica! I completely agree with ab and manderlay. I know the pictures we use don�t belong to us and that all members of the site are free to use them. However, I don�t think we should for the reasons that have been stated previously. I, personally, take a huge amount of time looking for a picture, you know, the one that might make the difference and I wouldn�t like to see it used out of context. But again, I know that we are all free to use any pictures we want from other wporksheets.
Hugs,
mena

18 Jan 2009