Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Techniques of teaching English    

Techniques of teaching English

tinutza_77
Romania

Techniques of teaching English

Hi everybody,
I hope you can help me this time too.
I teach English to high school students and some of them sometimes get bored with the activities I do in class. Maybe some of you faced this problem sometime and can suggest me some modern techniques of teaching English.

Thanks in advance

11 Nov 2012      

Messdjef
Algeria

The first thing to do is not to speak too much during your lesson; let your lesson be learner-centered. Next, make sure that your English is understood by your students; for instance if they are weak, use simple vocabulary to communicate with them. In addition, give your students a variety of activities in each lesson; namely, don �t use very often the same typology of exercises and very similar topics. Moreover, make sure your students have understood the objectives of the lesson and the instructions of the activities they will do. Finally, add fun to your lessons; from time to time say or do something funny even if that is not related to the lesson. 

11 Nov 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Have a look at this link. Some easy and interesting ideas to motivate pupils.

http://busyteacher.org/3644-how-to-motivate-esl-students.html

or this other one:

http://busyteacher.org/12900-what-quiet-esl-students-are-not-telling-you.html

11 Nov 2012