Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > present continuous games    

present continuous games

magita
Croatia

present continuous games

Hi dear teachers, Have you got any good classroom games to share for practising the present continuous? No board or card gamese, but sth. without copies, something fun for warmers or end of class activities. Thank you very much Magita

24 Nov 2012      

Goreti Ponte
Portugal

Hi!

I usually do a miming game. A student has to say what he/ she is doing at that moment through gesture only. It has worked really well with my students ( they just love it).

Hope I have helped  in some way.

Have a nice weekend!Smile

24 Nov 2012     

ss73
Turkey

You can give students slips of paper and each student can write someting funny but not insulting/offensive (you can check their sentences when collecting) They can write: e.g I �m eating
an icecream while I �m riding a bicyle.
Then the ones who volunteer can pick one and mime

The rest of the class can guess what he is doing. �He is riding a bike and eating an icecream �

They can take turns and do the same.

They enjoy guessing games :))

24 Nov 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

My twelve-year-old elementary students loved this animated video I subtitled for them starring Coyote and the Road Runner.

24 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Sentence scramble:  Say a sentence in the present continuous but backwards or mixed up (cake, She, eating, is).  Students have to say it correctly.

Silent Teacher:  The teacher says a sentence in the present continuous but without voice.  Students have to guess what the sentence is.

24 Nov 2012     

amalo
Morocco

hey
you can write sentences on pieces of paper.
put students into groups. a memeber of each group has to pick up a paper and try to act out the activity using  only gestures. other members of his group can ask him questions ( how many words, for example)which he can answer only by gestures . if the group guess well they get a point if not the other groups can guess. try to set  a time limite ( 2 min)

24 Nov 2012     

pepaflower
Spain

Hi,

I used this site with my students last week http://www.eslgamesplus.com/games-by-topic/ and they liked it a lot. There are plenty of interactive games covering grammar and vocabulary. You can divide the students into groups and make a sort of competition.

Regards

Sandra

24 Nov 2012     

pepaflower
Spain

To Pilar:

Your activity is fantastic! Thanks a lot for sharing! I will use it next week and will give you feedback. I am sure that my students are gonna like it a lot.

Regards

Sandra

24 Nov 2012     

Shalottslady
Belgium

what I �ve done with my 13-year-old pupils is have them stand in a circle. The teacher starts by miming an activity (writing, playing basketball, ...). The student to the right asks the teacher: "What are you doing" and the teacher answers by saying a totally different activity that that particular student then has to mime (e.g. I �m shaving my armpits). Kids love this since they can sort of fool their neighbour to the right by saying silly activities. So far I �ve heard things like: walking on my hands, pooing, walking backwards, drawing on the bb, kissing, sleeping, .... There �s no need for papers, boardgames, flashcards, or whatsoever... Don �t make it last too long, though... Funniest thing is that, when everyone has had a turn, go for another round, but now the person to the left has to ask the question and then mime the activity. Revenge will be taken LOL

24 Nov 2012     

magita
Croatia

Great stuff teachers, thank you so much. Magita

25 Nov 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Interactive games game 1, game 2, game 3, game 4, game 5. video, song (elementary), song
Greetings from Greece,

25 Nov 2012