Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE DAY    

WORD OF THE DAY

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

WORD OF THE DAY

Thank you, ANAMIA, for choosing me as the Winner.  Sorry for the delay!  My computer is playing the fool with me at present.

The new WORD OF THE DAY is "DOODLESACK".

Who, or what, or why. or where, or when. or how is a "DOODLESACK"?

Let�s have your quirky, perky, whimsical, flimsical, eccentric, hexentric, funny, punny, faint, quaint, capricious, delicious, rambling, scrambling, lying, sighing, curious, spurious, queer, drear, droll, Pole, weird, feared, comical, domical, snigger-in-the-Snack-Bar, giggle-in-the-Girls� Room, titter-in-the-Toilet, laugh in the Lavatory, cackle-in-the-Classroom DEAF-IN-IS-SHUN. *

The stupider, the betterer!

Let�s have a REAL GOOD LAUGH!

Good Luck, everyone.

Les Douglas

(* "Definition" spelled phonetically!)

29 Nov 2012      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

"DOODLESACK"
Meaning: An idiot or foolish person whose addiction is to collect all types of sacks.
here an example:  

29 Nov 2012     

edrodmedina
United States

Many would think that mostly males play with doodlesacks and as matter of fact I play with mine often, but it �s the females who often play with doodlesacks even if not their own. A doodlesack is another word for bean bag those little sacks full of beans used to toss on the numbers when playing hopscotch. Ed

29 Nov 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

I respectfully disagree, ascincoquinas. This is obviously a doodlesack: a blank bag meant to be drawn on.

29 Nov 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

Ok, Les.... you asked for it!!!  You asked for stupid, here it goes! I hope I don �t offend anyone, just that today, I �m just being totally silly! LOL!!! 

DOODLESACK= What old people use when gravity hits... certain parts. There are HE and SHE models! In all colors and sizes! 

29 Nov 2012     

douglas
United States

Dood- dude
Les- Les Douglas
Ack- an exclamation.

A California surfer�s response to one of Les�s lengthy, detailed explanations using so much witty, precise prose that it boggle�s one�s mind.

"Dude! Les! Ack!!"

30 Nov 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

come on..a doodle sack is just another word for a pencil case..
If you are not familiar with Mary Doodles yet you should be..she �s amazing:

btw, in Dutch it is called a �doedelzak � (pronounced pretty much the same)

30 Nov 2012