Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Powerpoint Problem    

Powerpoint Problem

EstherLee76
Peru

Powerpoint Problem

Hi,

Yesterday I uploaded a three part powerpoint.  It was a clone of a clone of a template from the template sections.  I �ve never had any problem with them and this powerpoint worked fine on my computer, but I noticed that the answer option didn �t work when I ran it on my little laptop.

Now, a member who downloaded it yesterday is having the same problem.  Does anyone know why?

Thanks so much,
Esther

30 Nov 2012      

perma
Greece

There might be compatibility issues between the programs you use on the two different systems. Open office for instance might not open microsoft office ppts correctly. In any case I �d try to edit the ppt on the laptop and try to run it again.

30 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks perma.  Should I just pass that on to anyone else who has a problem with it?

30 Nov 2012     

perma
Greece

It �s just an idea, it might or might not solve the problem. Why don �t you try it first to see if it works. Wink
If an answer doesn �t show there �s probably a "movement" or hyperlink applied on the answer-object which your laptop ignores. You should try to apply the movement or hyperlink to the object again (do this on your laptop) , save the ppt and see what happens!

30 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks.  I will.  It �s so kind of you to take the time to give me advice like this.  I really appreciate it!

30 Nov 2012     

foose1
United States

I don �t know which powerpoint you talking about.  I will tell you this though.  If the version of the host computer �s Powerpoint is 2003 and the 2007 compatibility pack is not installed, some animations may not work.   You will see this when you save the slide as 2003.  The ideal situation is to always save the 2007 PowerPoint as 2003 (first time and everytime).  There are other events/triggers that will not work with 2003 either that I do not have the time or space to state (dependent on placemnt).  Without knowing which slide you are talking about, I cannot tell you how to work around it.  I did try one of your slides on my older computer and it works fine (the 2007 compatibility pack is installed on it).   I have lot �s of people who say my PowerPoints will not work and I have to tell them to update with the compatibility pack.  Most foreign countries PowerPoint versions cannot be updated fully because they are illegal copies.  The compatibility pack can be installed though.

John

30 Nov 2012