Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > So sad    

So sad

Urpi
Peru

So sad

Dear ESL friends I feel so miserable, I have lots all my esl files all of them; my computer crashed and I wasn`t able to recover anyone of my precious files.
I am really sad. It was a big collection of the best works along this last 3 years since I became a premium menber :( .

Well life goes on I think I have to start from zero again.

1 Dec 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

You have my sympathy, Urpi. 

Edit: But is this a suitable post for the forum? Why not try the cafe....?

1 Dec 2012     

silvia.patti
Italy

I �m sad for you, but I �m sure next time you will save your work on a CD...
Keep calm and start again!
Silvia

1 Dec 2012     

tounsi1981
Tunisia

light up you lost your documents but did you lose your mind? So, you can do better ones. Be sure. Never lose Faith in Allah.

1 Dec 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �m sorry, urpi. That is awful! However, your generosity with ESLP is paying off now. Remember that you can download your own works for free, so they aren �t lost! Other downloads, well, you have a lot of points; maybe you have some left. Files from other sources you �re probably going to have to track down again. For paid downloads, try to contact the seller and explain what happened. I bet a lot of them would let you download the content again.

Although I personally wouldn �t backup to a CD, I do agree with silvia.patti �s suggestion of backing up your files. I �d suggest an external hard drive (TERABYTES of storage!) or a flash drive. You might also save to the cloud on SkyDrive or Google Drive, although the storage is a bit more limited. I don �t like not being able to edit, add, or delete files, which is the reason I prefer not to use a CD.

1 Dec 2012     

Hazza
Australia

Take your computer to someonewho knows about them and they can get nearly everything off your hard drive and onto your new computer. Don �t throw your computer/ hard drive from the old computer away. My son has taken all my things off my crashed computer and put them all back on my new one!!!! People do this for a living so if you want those files back this is the way to do it!
Hazza

1 Dec 2012     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Upri !
You  have my sympathy! Ready to email you my worksheets! Don �t hesitate to ask.
Kind regards

1 Dec 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Oh dear Urpi

Alas, this has happened to many of us.

It �s a good idea to regularly back up your work.  I now use an external drive as well as Google docs and Skydrive in my hotmail e-mail.  I sometimes even e-mail my documents to myself so that a copy is in my e-mail.

There �s also the built in back up in your system: Back up and restore. You can read about it at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/products/features/backup-and-restore. This will restore your system to a previous point and rescue many of your documents.

Cheers

Jayho

1 Dec 2012     

nhimyeu
Vietnam

Dear Urpi,

Very sorry for you! Email me for the worksheet you need.

My big sympathy!

Nhimyeu

2 Dec 2012