Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > own creation plus a scanned page?    

own creation plus a scanned page?

malesza
Poland

own creation plus a scanned page?

hi,

I�ve just created a ws which is supposed to be a lead-in to a game which I found in one of my books. I plan to upload the ws but what about the scanned game. Confused
Do you think it�s ok if I upload it to (together with my own ws) and give the source clearly or is it better to upload only the lead-in?

20 Jan 2009      

marciadnr
Portugal

Put both please, but not in separate uploads otherwise, people downloading will loose points. I believe that putting both helps teachers who don�t have access to the same book. But do refer the source, please.

20 Jan 2009     

Agne
Lithuania

HELLO, MAYBE I WILL WRITE MY QUESTION HERE, BECAUSE I DON�T KNOW HOW TO WRITE MY OWN THEME :( SO I JUST WANTED TO KNOW, IS IT GOOD IF I COPY SOME MATERIAL FROM BOOK / INTERNET AND WRITE WHERE IS IT FROM, OR MUST I ONLY SENT ONLY MYSELF - MADE WORKSHEETS? REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THAT Censored

20 Jan 2009     

malesza
Poland

maybe I wasn�t clear - if anyhow, I do plan to upload everything as one document.

20 Jan 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

You can send work from books/internet, if it is relevant to your own worksheet, which you are sending also.

There is no point just sending work form textbooks/internet, unless you are going to send something by yourself that will make the work unique to you, and, therefore, downloadable.

thanks

20 Jan 2009     

Agne
Lithuania

Thank you sarahgriffin Clap

20 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

To answer AGNE: if you scan a page from a book or copy and paste from the internet onto a word document and that alone is your uploaded contribution then yes you will be reported.

You can use a variety of resources for inspiration, for example a picture from a book that you have added your own activities to. Pictures from the internet that you have added to and have made an activity from.

However to type out or copy activities and exercises from a book would definitely NOT be your own work as the activities would be the same as in the book or resource you copied from.

I hope this helps a little.

EDIT: if you copy for example a web page and post it as your own someone somewhere WILL recognise it, post the original link and report you. Same goes for copying exercises and activities straight from a book.

20 Jan 2009