Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Writing a coursebook.    

Writing a coursebook.

Mafalda31
Greece

Writing a coursebook.

I want to write a coursebook for use in classroom. Has anybody done anything similar?
I want to know what material to use in terms of pictures and texts. Can I use freely newspaper or magazine articles freely? I also want to find pictures that I can use.  Can I find such things for free or do I have to pay? This is something I am doing on my own, so I want it to be as economical as possible..

14 Dec 2012      

cindyfreksen
Denmark

I am also considering it! I have thought about contacting a publisher and asking them if they would be interested. If they are then they will surely know the rules.

I am sure that you would have to have permission to use photos, artwork or written work that is not your own and is therefore copyright protected.

Our worksheets here are our property and as far as I know cannot be reproduced without our permission. We allow others to use our work for teaching.

What age group/level are you thinking?

Cindy

14 Dec 2012     

Zora
Canada

I helped create an ESL course book for adults for a Korean company and I can tell you that everything must be original or paid for - i.e. you must pay for the right to use clipart or pictures; texts, excerpts or articles need the authors � permission - which might be free or have a fee attached... depends on the person. 

A coursebook is A LOT of work. However, I wish you all the luck if you undertake such an endeavor. It �s hard work but often worth the time and effort put into it.

14 Dec 2012