Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas_for_teaching_seniors_that_work_well    

Ideas_for_teaching_seniors_that_work_well

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Ideas_for_teaching_seniors_that_work_well

Hello, everyone!

I �m teaching seniors for the first time and it has been very rewarding!I would like to share with you some activities that have worked well.If you wish share your experiences teaching seniors.It would be very nice!Smile

Thumbs UpUsing enlarged print helps a lot as students have often sight problems.

Thumbs UpEasy songs are very good to practise vocabulary.We used "We wish you a Merry Christmas"song and it worked well.

Thumbs UpI use posters from The Teacher �s Magazine(Ediba) to revise vocabulary, expressions.Pictures are very rich and you can revise colours, vocabulary, actions and so on..They motivate sts a lot.If you can �t buy the magazine do your own with cardboard.

Thumbs Up Try to listen to what they like.For example my students love talking about their family a lot.Make the most of it!

Thumbs UpI asked them to make a dictionary writing the words they learn in class by alphabetical order (well, I did very simple ones with blank A4 paper, foolded in two, and used a ribbon to fasten them.It �s useful to leave two pages for each letter, following the alphabetical order.If you prefer you can do it by themes;clothes, colours,..

Thumbs UpI always suse a "Hello everybody!How are you today?! chant to begin the class.It �s useful and it �s good to retain the expressions.Of course they have to anwser:"Fine thanks" and you to which I answe "I �m fine too thank you!"

17 Dec 2012      

teresapr
Portugal

Thumbs UpThank you!Great ideas!
Teresa

17 Dec 2012