Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE DAY, Monday, 17.12.2012 The WINNER    

WORD OF THE DAY, Monday, 17.12.2012 The WINNER

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

WORD OF THE DAY, Monday, 17.12.2012 The WINNER

Thank you, to ALL the Competitors, because there were several ingenious suggestions.

Congratulations, Elderberrrywine, I liked your description!  you are the WINNER!

What does SPREZZATURA mean?  Studied nonchance!  Rehearsed spontaneity.  Studied carelessness.  Well-practised naturalness.  The ability to deliver a witty remark as if it were spontaneous, when, in fact, it is practised again and again.

In your picture, Elderberrywine, the Stilt-Walker is holding a balloon-dog in his/her hand, looking elegantly nonchalant.

Earlier in the evening, I was entertaing an audience by demonstrating how to make a variety of different types of balloon dogs, in front of 50 guests, at an Evening Dress Function.  I hope that when I performed and spoke I had sufficient SPREZZATURA.

Over to you, Elderberrywine!

Les Douglas

19 Dec 2012      

elderberrywine
Germany

YOU SURE ARE A MAN OF MANY TALENTS; LES!!!

- not only do you regularly move me and thousands of ESL members to tears with your witty, comprehensive, crazy, learned, polyglot, slightly rambling contributions to the WOD list and to other threads,

- not only does everyone sense the allround man, the genius, the jack-of-all-intellectual-trades in you

---> you ALSO make little dogs out of balloons and move children and their delighted mothers to tears and their sour-faced husbands to jealous frenzy with your wit, elegance and - sprezzatura , of course.

I am SO IMPRESSED

and I think I �ve actually been a little bit in love with you for quite a while, but have never told l Mr. Elderberrywine about it. No need to trouble him with it now, a few days before Christmas, I guess ...

20 Dec 2012