Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "War Horse" ... for kids, not quite the needed English level: help, please !    

"War Horse" ... for kids, not quite the needed English level: help, please !

Pelletrine
France

"War Horse" ... for kids, not quite the needed English level: help, please !

I would love to use the novel �War Horse � in class, with my 4th year of ESL students : they are 13-14 years  old ... but their level is so low, halas ! 

-I �ve been through eslprintables and googled ... DID find some interesting things: but, it �s all, way beyond their capacities ( or not at all something useful for their progression)... still, it would be so  great to use it and would be so appropriated to combine with their History cursus (lessons in French, not done by me.... only, it would be great to let them see, in English, this part/side of  the14-18 war History)

But I �m stuck: do you have any ideas... WS ... suggestions ? 

I would, of cause, like to show them the film ... (I �m surely going to do so) - but I do not mean to make the film the basis of my lesson ;o)  .. I so much want them to READ ... but, might be easier for them to watch film and read besides.... what do you think ????

I would love to hear your experiences ;o)

- meanwhile : a lovely end-of-the year holliday to all of you and all my best wishes for the new one to come ;o))))

28 Dec 2012      

Mariethe House
France

What do you think of this, Pelletrine? Maybe you heve already seen it!Sorry if that �s the case but it looked quite good to me and seemed quite relevant for what you are looking for.
Happy new year but enjoy your holidays beforehandSmile

http://www.michellehenry.fr/anim3.htm#war

28 Dec 2012     

Pelletrine
France

Thank you Mariethe : you �re bing on the right thing Thumbs Up

- I forgot to seach  Michelle Henry .... : very rich page on War Horse !!!  .. I �ll definitely find enough to help me put up this lesson ;o))))

..... and you �re right too: first: let �s enjoy the holidays.... have a great time celebrating the New year .... and then, come renewed back with plenty of energy ;o)))

- hehe: for those of us who still have  to ;o))

Happy New Year to you ! I wish you can enjoy time with your little princess ... and all those dear to you ;o)))

28 Dec 2012