Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > homework debate    

homework debate

Adva
Israel

homework debate

i �m conducting  a debate in my class
concerning home work.
where can I find information for and against?

6 Jan 2013      

foose1
United States

You can do a search with Bing, "is homework good for kids" and find what you want.  It doesn �t sound to me that homework is good or bad.   I went to college for a year full time working overtime on Saturdays and Sunday and during the week (one of the many years spent going to college).  I had to study like a mad dog from hell.  Was it good that I studied for the tests?  Was it good for me to complete the homework that was given to me in a very short time? Yes, I passed the tests.  But remember, I said a very short time.
Of course homework is good, but why bother with it if it can be done at school? Why even bring this up as a discussion? Why not something else? You will probably find that the kids that support the idea have it engrained in their heads that some studying is okay while the others don �t care for it.  Why? Why bother? Why not find ways to give the kids tools so that if they want to study for something, they will have the tools to do so.  Like using a dictionary or going online to find information about things that they are interested in.

John

6 Jan 2013