Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Exchange in Spain    

Exchange in Spain

[email protected]
Spain

Exchange in Spain

I �ve got a group of 23 students coming to school (secondary school) on an exhange  in 2 weeks. I �ve got their timetable almost complete but still need to fill in 4 more lessons  Any suggestions?? Their level of Spanish is not very high.OTher departments are going to hep me: they are going to do hand made soap in the lab, something about human rights with the philosophy teacher, Spanish songs with the history teacher...

Thanks a lot for your ideas. All of them are welcome!!!

12 Jan 2013      

pilarnavarro
Spain

Unfortunately, in my schools we don �t have an exchange programme with foreign students, but I �ve got a friend that has. One of the activities they do every time they have foreign students is a scavenger hunt around our town. 
That gives your foreign students  the opportunity to ask people on the streets near the high school  in order to complete all the questions on the list. 
I know they do it in the afternoons, but maybe you can adapt it to your timetable in the mornings or use two lessons together.

12 Jan 2013     

[email protected]
Spain

Thank you pilar. We have already organized like a gymkhana in which the  english students have even to go into a cafeteria and ask how much a coffee and a piece of toast cost, etc... of course,  in Spanish. The problem is  that because of the increase in the number of hours, not many colleagues have decided to help.

12 Jan 2013     

sarguero
Spain

Try something about sport, for example a football match Spain versus UK and then you can use this event for a practical class, so they can exchange words related with their favourite sport. They can speak about spanish and british teams too and locate the different cities where the teams come from in a map (like in a geography class). Should be a good topic to speak about their favourite players making questions about them. 

If the match has got a trophy (cup) or something the two teams can share at the end of the match, they �d be really motivated.

I �m not a football fan I prefer basketball  Thumbs Up

12 Jan 2013