Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheets and Answers plus a little tip on images.    

Worksheets and Answers plus a little tip on images.

libertybelle
United States

Worksheets and Answers plus a little tip on images.

I find it unreasonable that some people upload a WS and Key on two separate pages!!

I make worksheets with pictures and borders and additional 2 pages of activities
and I never have a problem uploading all 3 pages as one.

It�s like sending someone on a treasure hunt with no map!
(or lending a car with no car keys)

Please people, it�s not about points here, it�s about making  complete printable activities and the answers - TOGETHER!

Libertybelle

a big PS - Katiana gave me a little tip. Place all your images on your Word page.
Set them up in a lay-out you like. Don�t add texts, borders or anything else yet.
Copy all and save. Open it up again in a paint program and save as a JPG and save.
Then open  up a new Word page and insert your JPG. All the images will be
there and then you add your text boxes, frames, background patterns, what ever. AND your images won�t move around all over the place. It will also be a much lighter printable.

21 Jan 2009      

sarahgriffin
Ireland

I agree

In fact, I think anything that you have prepared to accompany the worksheet you post....if you plan to post anything relevant to that worksheet, it should be posted along with that same worksheet, in the same upload.

It�s not fair to expect people to spend 2 points on what is essentially one exercise.  It will turn people off downloading.

21 Jan 2009     

renca
Czech Republic

Thanks for the tip! I have just been fighting with a new ws where everything was jumping up and down. I didn�t use Katiana�s tip step by step, I just copied the image and inserted into a paint program and then saved as jpg. But the tip showed me the way............

21 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

You may find that saving as a �.gif� will create a smaller image file (but keeping the same image size), giving you more you can fit into your 300kb limit.
You may have to �export� rather than �save as�.

Cheers,
ab

22 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I agree, I don�t tend to download unless it is really really really good....and warrants the extra points to take...
It definitely should not be split up unless it is over the 300kb mark in my view.
Especially the plain text ones... that is just a bit cheeky! :-)

22 Jan 2009     

douglas
United States

I agree Liberty and I have been guilty of this myself.  I had them as two different files on my computer so I loaded them that way.  Later I thought about it and realized what an inconvenience it must have been for others--sorry.

Good point, thanks

22 Jan 2009