Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Games for English Camp    

Games for English Camp

Lisavict
Indonesia

Games for English Camp

Hi everybody,
My school will conduct an English camp next month and I am the person in charge to provide some games. Do you have any ideas to help me? The participants are 8th graders.
Thanks a bunch! Smile Have a wonderful day.

21 Jan 2013      

alex1968
Greece

Hi Lisavict,

One fun activity is a scavenger hunt / treasure hunt:

You can make the list as difficult or as easy as needed according to the level of your kids.  The list can include items for indoors or outdoors.
I usually divide the pupils into groups, give them a list of items they have to find & a basket to put the items into. I set a time limit and at the end of the time limit, the group with the most things on the list wins.  (I usually have a prize = "treasure" for all the kids like a lollipop or sweets)

Many ideas for scavenger hunt lists can be found on the net.

Another idea would be to create a magazine including all the items you would find in a normal mag like horoscope, recipe, Help page, sports section, celebrities, interviews (of the kids themselves), fashion etc

How about having a fashion show with a catwalk etc getting the kids to be the models etc. Don �t forget the background music and commentary... "Here comes Irene wearing a short red mini skirt and...etc"

Put on a play.  Lots of ideas and scripts can be found on the net.  If some pupils really don �t want to act, they can prepare the scenery, props & costumes.
The pupils could write their own play!

21 Jan 2013     

orly100
Israel

Thank you for this treasure Alex Clap
Loved the 2pageplays.com the most.
Orly

22 Jan 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/
Sophia

22 Jan 2013     

lipofootoo
United States

ESL Games Galore has all the levels and ages or here you can watch and learn some of the best ESL games and activities on video. 

23 Jan 2013