Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Pictures to talk in english    

Pictures to talk in english

nuroma
Spain

Pictures to talk in english

Hello!

Where can I find pictures or posters to talk about what is in the picture with my students?
I would like to find something suitable for students from 4 to 12 years old.

thnks for your help!

22 Jan 2013      

orly100
Israel

I bought "300 writing ideas"
and it has more than 100 graphic prompts.  
It�s great for writing or talking.
Orly

22 Jan 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I occasionally google �jigsaw puzzles front covers � or �jigsaw puzzle pictures � and I use them. There are some beauties, with lots happening. They �re good for teaching present continuous/past simple/prepositions, all sorts really. Here �s an example:

Do be careful though. I just had to delete the first example I uploaded for you, as there was a naked lady on it. 
Edit: Just a little anecdote. I found a lovely picture for Christmas, that I wanted to upload here, but the artist�s name was on it, so I needed to seek permission. I was back and forward to the publisher, the company, (nobody knew whose permission I needed!), finally contacted the artist and - he lives just round the corner from me! 

22 Jan 2013