Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teacher īs protest in Lisbon- Portugal    

Teacher īs protest in Lisbon- Portugal

dayssb
Brazil

Teacher īs protest in Lisbon- Portugal

Dear Lisbon teachers
While traveling around Portugal, I was in Lisbon when I read that teachers would make a protest on January 26th. Unfortunately I came back to Brazil on the 25th of January and couldn īt be there but I īd like to send you my support. I īve heard that you once had a "decrease" in your salaries and that you īve lost the right to receive the 13th salary. It īs a pity and I īve been crossing my fingers for your country to "recover" soon. Such a wonderful place, with such friendly people deserve only good things.
Sincerely,
Dayana

27 Jan 2013      

anyataide
Portugal

Hi Dayana,
It īs true..our country is going through the worst crisis I can remember. Our salaries decrease in different ways: the 13th salary has been cut, this month our salaries were reduced around 6% and our working conditions became ultrageous...it is necessary to love being a teacher ( to be honest all the professionals in our country are going through the same ordeal )  to do it with all your heart. At the moment we have duties,  but no rights, so hope and love for our students are our weapons to keep fighting. Thanks for your friendly words!
Yours,
Any

27 Jan 2013     

sarguero
Spain

My support too. Thumbs Up

In Spain we have the same problem a lot of new duties for teachers, less money in your payroll  and no ideas to improve the education. Our goverments are insane they don īt see that youngers will be the future of our countries, on the other hand, they are delighted with the youngers one going out looking for jobs.

MONEY .... What a ****** Angry

28 Jan 2013     

Cartuxa
Portugal

It really is a pity! Most teachers in Portugal are unemployed or doing  other things that have nothing to do with teaching... Those who are working have lots to do that isn īt teaching... When will the governments be aware that the most important thing about education is teaching, not filling in endless reports that no one will ever read? Please, let teachers teach!
:(

28 Jan 2013