Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Using Facebook in English class    

Using Facebook in English class

Missbrittany
France

Using Facebook in English class

Hi everyone!
I plan to have my students create a page for a fictional character using Facebook. I �ll be like writing a biography, but on the internet and with photos. If some of you have already used Facebook with their students, I �d like to hear about your experience.

Thanks!

1 Feb 2013      

orly100
Israel

I use fake book in class .This tool allowed them to create a profile, add friends, then post and comment from different viewpoints.  Students really enjoyed bringing their book characters into the 21st century!
fakebook         external image logo.png
"Fakebook" allows teachers and students to create imaginary profile pages for study purposes
and it�s free.  Click here to see examples.
external image silhouette.png

OrlyThumbs Up

1 Feb 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

How do we get on to fakebook?

1 Feb 2013     

orly100
Israel

external image logo.png
http://www.classtools.net/fb/home/page

See these in action

1 Feb 2013     

mvblair
United States

Thanks for the "Fakebook" link, Orly! That �s a lot of fun. I think I will come up with a project based on this during the first few weeks of school next year.

http://www.classtools.net/fb/home/page

1 Feb 2013     

falafel
Tunisia

Thank you for the link.
It is possible also to make one �s work on a personal Blog. So each pupil will have his personal Blog. and they can register in www.spotblg.com
Then the teacher can check their work on line. I hope it is useful.

1 Feb 2013     

Missbrittany
France

Fakebook seems very usefu! I didn �t know copies of Facebook even existed. Great tools for teachers!

Thanks for the link orly100!

1 Feb 2013     

Stellam
Argentina

Thank you so much for the link, Orly! Fakebook seems useful and fun.

1 Feb 2013     

titine69
France

I didn �t know about Fakebook.It seems very interesting and probably very motivating for our students.Thank you Orly for the link.
Titine

1 Feb 2013     

juliag
Japan

Looks fantastic, thank you for sharing with us.

1 Feb 2013     

starrr
Brazil

FAKEBOOK is a very good tool. I am testing it today. It seems just great. It�s an Excellent idea! I did not know about it, thanks a lot to bring this to our attention. Who can create a lesson plan to use with it? I will try to do it but could be great to receive some ideas to use this excellent tool with our students don�t you think? Let�s share here some ideas, plans, projects? what do you think?

1 Feb 2013     

1    2    Next >