Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > have or has?    

have or has?

t.javanshir
Australia

have or has?

Hi there,

the description, interpretation, and explanation of manipulation and representation ------ to take place ...

have or has?

2 Feb 2013      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

They have to take place.  Wink

2 Feb 2013     

lissikomi
Русские

of course, they. it �s obviously!

2 Feb 2013     

t.javanshir
Australia

But they are all the same. This is one activity not several. description, interpretation, and explanation are all under the same rubric.
Does it make a difference?

2 Feb 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

The different activities you describe are related, but they are different activities. Description is referring to the sensory input, interpretation is referring to the thinking about and making sense of the sensory input, and explanation is referring to telling the reasons why something is the way it is, especially when telling other people.

Example: I see fine white particles on my table. (Description)
That �s dust. (Interpretation)
Dear, I need to get a cloth and some furniture polish so that I can dust the table. (Explanation)

So, although related, the three are different parts of the process, and if you use the three together, you should use "have," the plural simple present form of the verb.

2 Feb 2013     

t.javanshir
Australia

Thank you all for your kind answers

2 Feb 2013