Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Trade Fairs    

Trade Fairs

yetigumboots
Germany

Trade Fairs

Hello Everyone,

I have just been given the job of preparing some big business men for trade fairs all over the worls. How to present themselves and speak in English. Does anyone have any ideas how I could go about this? I am a bit unsure of myself as I dont have that much experience with adults. Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance...

Hugs Yeti

10 Feb 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

The first thing to do is to research the business people �s area or areas of business. Auto manufacturers will have different needs from chemical engineers or computer programmers. Teach important vocabulary, both written and orally, for their area of expertise.  

Second, find out how much English they know already, and teach to their level. If you have different levels of English proficiency, get the more knowledgeable students to help with the less proficient. Again, concentrate on what is functional for them. Teach grammar through useful stock sentences and phrases they can memorize.

Third, be sure you teach some travel English. If they are going to trade fairs, they need this.

You may also want to check out some translation apps for smartphones or tablets. (They probably already own one or more.) In a pinch, they could look up an unfamiliar word. I hope this helps.

10 Feb 2013     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks Moody,

Do you know where I can get interesting worksheets?

11 Feb 2013