Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > ideas for master degree thesis (TEFL)    

ideas for master degree thesis (TEFL)

basma omar
Egypt

ideas for master degree thesis (TEFL)

Hello everyone, I need help with the most recent techniques,methods,approaches or any new topics concerning teaching EFL. Thanks 

10 Feb 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

I can �t help much with the latest methodology, but I can help with a few questions to narrow your focus. EFL/ESL is a very broad subject, but it can be broken down well.

1) What is your favorite area of English instruction: reading, listening, writing, or speaking? As subsets of writing, you have mechanics such as punctuation and capitalization, and spelling. As subsets of speaking, you have pronunciation, intonation, and fluency. Do you especially like grammar? Vocabulary and word formation?

2) What age level of learners are you most interested in? Very young children, school-aged children, teenagers, or adults? Different approaches are needed for different ages.

3) What techniques have worked well for you in the classroom? Do you prefer a drill-based approach, whole language, whole body integration, games and humor, etc.?

4) What resources are available for teaching? I know many classrooms are incorporating a lot of technology, but there are also many schools that can �t afford such technology. Some schools can �t even afford books, much less computers and iPads. What do they do?

5) What impact does the culture play on English learning? Who learns English better, students in conservative Islamic schools, or students in more liberal secular schools? How does exposure to English-language media affect students � interest in learning English?

In other words, pick a subject that appeals to you and hope that your advisor will approve. If not, you may want to see if you can get a different advisor. If not, then ask your advisor for guidance in a subject. We really can �t�and shouldn �t�pick a topic for you.

10 Feb 2013