Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Making ESL printables vailable for students    

Making ESL printables vailable for students

a�oriano
Portugal

Making ESL printables vailable for students

First of all, a special thanks to ESL teachers for sharing their work. This is trully a great help. I started this topic because I want your opinion on the following: I was thinking of making some of the worksheets I�ve downloaded here available for my students on a Website I�ve created for them. If my students want to practice some more, they can download the worksheets to work at home... I think you see the picture... So, do you think it is OK, or is it wrong to do so? I won�t do it unless you agree. Please comment!
Once more, best wishes for all of you!

Joseph, AKA A�oriano

23 Jan 2009      

mizutamari
United States

I wouldn�t mind if there was something like "this worksheet was created by (name)" or some form of credit.

If you�d like to use someone�s worksheet it might be best to send a message to that person asking them if it�s OK to post on your site and how they would like to be credited.

23 Jan 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi All,

Personally I think your idea goes against the ethos of this site.

The site was created for members to share workloads through the exchange

of materials. Further, if it is allowed, where does it stop? So I would venture

to say that no, other peoples materials shouldn�t be allowed to be placed on a

different web site. Your intentions are no doubt honourable but what is to stop a third party from downloading worksheets from your site. This would in effect negate the necessity of membership points. An extreme example but as I said, where does it stop.

23 Jan 2009     

jecika
Serbia

Hello Joseph,
I completely agree with Dennis ... I only want to add that many teachers here have their  websites and blogs but they only place their own worksheets on them ... so I would also suggest not using worksheets published here on your website
Best of Luck
Jecika

23 Jan 2009     

Malvarosa
Spain

Hello Joseph
Iagree with Silke, I don�t like your idea and I don�t know why, perhaps it is because I can control my work on this website,
Best wishes
Malvarosa

23 Jan 2009     

douglas
United States

Joseph,

I understand the idea and it is noble, however I think it could lead to big problems.

If it was a password-protected site that only your students could access I would consider it (with my permission of course).  Open publishing on the internet I would be totally against it. If you follow the logic: someone could have the same idea and start downloading his/her 30 free worksheets each day and publishing then on the WWW. Others would notice they can get the same worksheets without spending any points or having to contribute their own work.  Pretty soon people would start moving to the other site and stop contributing here.  Slowly the intake of new worksheets would decrease and pretty soon the source would dry-up.  With no new worksheets, both sites would "wither-up and die".

My opinion, but if you want to openly publish any of my work sheets, you have to have my permission or you are breaking copyright law I think).

Douglas

23 Jan 2009     

Im Lety
Mexico

Hi...

Joseph...

1.-Mix a website on the Internet .
2.-Something that is completely free.
3.- Thousands of people.

And maybe the result would be chaotic...Besides, you must dedicate lost of time and have  the ability to control a web  that big...

Remember something that is free, grows up as quickly as the time took me to write this line hahaha...

Greetings

23 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

The idea is feasible, but potentially difficult to implement.

Why not utilise the �online exercise� component here at ESLPrintables?

This way your students can do it from home & they don�t need to print anything to work on. It�ll save trees as well as be easy for them to access!

Just an idea... Smile

and, if you wanted to, you could always give them an electronic version of selected worksheets as optional homework too - maybe even as a password protected zip file on your school�s or subject�s website.
This means you can steer them towards some useful extra practice.

Cheers,
ab

23 Jan 2009     

Nelssa
Ukraine

I agree with Douglas - someone might start downloading his/her 30 free worksheets each day and publishing then on the WWW. Others would notice they can get the same worksheets without spending any points or having to contribute their own work.
SOMETHING SEEMS TO BE VERY WRONG WITH THIS IDEA!
Greetings

23 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think we need Victor�s opinion on the idea.  I can also see it causing problems.

23 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I think the idea of sharing worksheets with your students is a brilliant idea.... but in the classroom with paper....

I feel a little uneasy about the internet thing.... because how could you be sure it was just your students accessing it? If it was open to everyone via the internet then I would have to say I don�t feel comfortable with that.....

But I completely understand how you want to help your students as much as possible....That is a good thing, maybe alien boys idea of a password protected area or file might be ok.. then ONLY your students could have access...

I don�t really know.....

23 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >