Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Free online pronunciation site    

Free online pronunciation site

potentina
Spain

Free online pronunciation site

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if you knew any easy site where my students could check the pronunciation of a word or even a full sentence. They need to prepare their dialogues and presentations at home, so they need it.
I remember once I found a website where you could choose the person (girl, boy, man...), the accent (American, English...) and other aspects about the interactive person you were going to listen to. And you could also write many sentences which was great. I hope you can tell me a good website for them or if you know the site I was talking about, just let me know. Thanks in advance and enjoy the day!!

14 Feb 2013      

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

www.howjsay.com

simple but nice:)

14 Feb 2013     

sarguero
Spain

This one is really good for words pronuntiation and is useful for young kids. It was proposed some days ago by a collegue of this forum.

www.learningchocolate.com

When I work with my pupils with their laptops or class room computer we use the Google translator for easy sentences, they click on the loudspeaker after writing a word or sentence and then they listen to it.

http://translate.google.es/?hl=es&tab=wT#en/es/

14 Feb 2013     

asungilsanz
Spain

Check this one:

You can even use it with short texts.

Have a nice day!

14 Feb 2013     

papadeli
Greece

Text to speech- Listen to any text you write or find !

Greetings from Greece,

14 Feb 2013     

Maria Linz
Brazil

I think you refer to    www.forvo.com
it �s excellent!

15 Feb 2013