Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Perhaps just a dash of colour would suffice...    

Perhaps just a dash of colour would suffice...

Roman Svozilek
Czech Republic

Sorry guys but colibrita has a point. 

I �ve been a member of this site for years and yes, there are some amazing worksheets, and I am happy to be here.

Having said that, some of the worksheets have TOO MUCH colour in the background. I mean, what is the point of having the whole paper red or dark green?

And printing black and white? OK, it will save ink in your colour cartridges, but it won �t certainly save your black ink cartridge.

I once even tried and added faint blue colour as background of some of my tests. I thought that I was probably the only one here who actually didn �t mind WHITE as background.

And don �t get me wrong, I love colours and I always print things in colour so I agree with those who say that we need more colour in our lives.

But having the whole A4 sheet of paper dark red/green/blue is pointless.

One last thing: yes, you can remove the background completely, which will leave you with white, but sometimes it �s not so easy and spend a lot of time trying to get rid of it...

25 Feb 2013     

elderberrywine
Germany

colibrita, you are soo  right!
I never look at the garish worksheets, never look at the ones with the millions of pictures, and keep mine simple. I �ve spent a lot of time removing background colours as well as elves, shamrocks, all sorts of animals, -  I like it sober and intense and concentrated, and I want my students who are FLOODED and DISTRACTED with impressions, sounds, colours, noises, media and whose attention span is down to a couple of seconds to be able to concentrate on what is essential

25 Feb 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

I don �t see what �s the problem. Nobody is forcing  anyone to download colourful printables . I like the variety I get here.

Fact is, most people seem to prefer colourful printables because they �re the ones with the most downloads.

25 Feb 2013     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

I remember someone here saying (well, actually I don �t remember who exactly said it), but we can add a colourful background to the worksheet which won �t be printed. The background appears only on the screen: Page Layout -> Page colour -> Fill effects. This way you can make your wss more "attractive", but not more expensive for printing.

Or we could add a black and white, simple / without images/ only text-boxes format of the worksheet in the same document we upload

Just my two pennies worth.

26 Feb 2013     

< Previous   1    2