Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Is it considered stolen work?    

Is it considered stolen work?

laubeco
Spain

Is it considered stolen work?

Hello, there!

I have a doubt concerning stolen work and I hope someone can help me here. I have several games in powerpoint format that I have made for my students. However, I�ve used the templates that other teachers have uploaded on the net ( on different sites ). I have changed all the questions in the games and I�ve spent hours working on them...but would it still be considered as stolen work? �Cause I don�t want to be accused of uploading something that is not mine because you have seen the template somewhere else...
Can somebody give me hand here, please?
Thank you!

25 Jan 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi, in my opinion, if you change the questions and the topicas, it isn�t stolen. It�s the same if you use a collegues picture.

25 Jan 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Hi Laubeco,

I think we refer to a ws as stolen when its owner copies not only the format but also the content of another ws.
So,you needn�t worry if you use other people�s ws formats and you load them with your own work.This is what most of us do cause we,language teachers,never judge the book by its cover.
All the best and nice day to all of you!
Long lives our community!

25 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I�m not sure whether you are referring to this but some powerpoints templates are universal and free to use. So, people usually use templates taken from other powerpoints to make new exercises witthout problems

25 Jan 2009     

laubeco
Spain

Thank you, s.lefevre and harim for your replies,

It�s just that I don�t want to get  bitten by the Sheriff Cow...! :)

Ok, so I�ll upload the games and hope you all find them useful! Your students will love them!

25 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Surely the idea of a template is that it can be used to make new materials.  Thus using the template with new content is more than acceptable and is indeed welcome.  Don�t worry, Sherrif Cow has hung up her guns tonight.

25 Jan 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

Hi, as damielle said, check first if the template is �universally� free... if not, better credit the person who used it the first place (or where you got it from).

26 Jan 2009