Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Thank you for your comments    

Thank you for your comments

naddya
Russian Federation

Thank you for your comments

Dear collegues!

I would like to thank you for your kind comments on my ws. They are really encourariging and inspiring!

I believe that my ws could be more useful if they were not rigid, if there were an opportunity to edit them somehow. But I work in Open Office Draw, then change staff into jpg format and finally in doc. It is a so called compulsory measure because every time I upload (and in most cases download) a file made �originally in doc - it became distorted beyond recognition.�

So I present my apologies for my unalterable worksheets

and thank you once again for those warm words I received today and yesterdaySmile!!!

25 Jan 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Yes, it can be really awkward using Open Office Draw! Is there a particular reason you don�t use Open Office Writer? It works far more easily with Word documents.

Don�t be too worried about �unalterable� worksheets - if someone really wants to change one you can do it in myriad ways. You can edit the picture in graphic editing software, use textboxes, there are a lot of ways to tweak things if you look into it!

25 Jan 2009     

naddya
Russian Federation

Hello, Alien boy!

My reason for not working with Open Office Writer (I have 3.0.0) is that I can�t manage it. Now I use it only to save a jpg worksheet (converted from .odg) in it and then save the file as �.doc. Please, don�t laugh! Embarrassed�(an awkward way, isn�t it?)

If I work originally in Open Office Writer, the document turns out distorted too and moreover, I don�t like it when images appear with a thin grey border and thus spoil the whole effect. The fact is, I�ve only started to use the Office and I am still learning.�

25 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I won�t laugh! The main thing is to be able to produce things that you need!

It can be quite tricky getting used to new software.

This is a handy reference for people who are used to using Word but are now using Writer:

http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/word_processing/Word-to-OOo.html

I�ll keep my eyes open for some good tutorials for you (both Draw & Writer).

It seems like that you�re getting comfortable with Draw though, which is a good way to go!

Keep up the good work Wink

25 Jan 2009