Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > WORKSHEETS WITHOUT AUDIO FILE OR LINK    

WORKSHEETS WITHOUT AUDIO FILE OR LINK

ascincoquinas
Portugal

WORKSHEETS WITHOUT AUDIO FILE OR LINK

Hello everybody!

This issue has already been discussed here..... But I do feel the need to bring the subject back to the forum!?

Many members upload listening worksheets with no audio file or link to download. I find it quite annoying, because they are perfectly useless. So my humble advice is DO not upload ws unless you can give your colleagues the audio file or a link.

Thanks for reading this!

ascincoquinas

28 Mar 2013      

carinita
Argentina

Clap

28 Mar 2013     

jcendr
France

I do agree with ascincoquinas!

28 Mar 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I once uploaded a listening activity without audio or link but it had a text which you could read to your students and that would make it a listening activity, wouldn �t it? So what �s the big deal if there �s a transcript or maybe the teacher mentioned the course which the activity was meant for? If you don �t want it, just skip it.
Sophia

28 Mar 2013     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

@Sophia:
You have a point! When it comes to idea of using a transcript. But here in Portugal we are taught by our professors at the university that it �s best to use audio files from native speakers. My accent is not bad - so I have been told by them - but still they find that natives do help students "catch" the accent.

I was merely giving an opinion Sophia! I DO KNOW it �s up to my choice to download or not. But as a member of this site I believe I can discuss certain issues without being rude to anyone. Since I have not mention who did it, nor I have been rude to anyone, I am entitled to give an opinion.... I think!

anyway if the webmaster finds that my post is not useful I �ll delet it!

28 Mar 2013     

roberta55
Portugal

I think ascincoquinas is completely right. Having the audio files is much better than reading a transcript in class. Listening tests without audio files are completely useless. The mood is not set.

I also think ascincoquinas often gives good opinions and is very wise.

roberta55 

28 Mar 2013     

karagozian
France

I also agree That they are absolutely useless !!!!!

28 Mar 2013     

mourisca
Portugal

Useless  Unhappy

28 Mar 2013     

karagozian
France

Why not simply reporting them ?????

29 Mar 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@karagozian,  probably because it isn �t illegal, just annoying.

29 Mar 2013     

karagozian
France

Yes, but rules CAN be adjusted, can �t they ?

29 Mar 2013     

1    2    Next >